TOMOKO Mechanical Blue Switch Anti-ghosting USB

Old November 3rd 17, 06:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default TOMOKO Mechanical Blue Switch Anti-ghosting USB

Not bad, that is for anything less, if you happened to catch it - then
they'd obviously have had to give it away for free;- mechanical Blue
"replacement Cherry" keys, offhand, I noticed going for $7 in lots of
five;- these being approximate to Blacks, at a sixth more desirable
tactile clatter, average, at ninety keys, divides to five for a buck,
at a bigger lot of one $20, full keyboard assembly. Everything of
course they're stuck to, to make the keys actually work, associatively
means for free.

A little itsy-bitsy, crafted keyboard, aside from being utterly
adorable to unpackage, is more or less maddening to use;- just as I'd
anticipated, coming off a big and sprawling keyboard, a Cadillac of
104-key Standard keyboards, into adapting down to a compactness of
(later Lenno/IBM) model 87-key layouts. Three lighted switches
complete the top, provided one leans to peer over and see them;- a
lower multimedia Fx, the only "trick switch", engages alternative
function key ROM assignments, although by default they're assigned to
PC programs and not, thankfully, multimedia or a MAC layout.

Overall, a stretch or two above being sized down an actual laptop, but
hardly more. Of course not typing on a sponge is the preferable
methodology. All past away from new and strange, doubling for a
Frisbee or a wall squash-ball, the Tomoko nevertheless "feels" all
about playing big-league mechanical: An appreciableness that says: I
want you to krank down on that finger, real hard, without pause for
other than a way it's meant to be.
Old November 6th 17, 10:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 02:51:14 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Almost perfect. Almost because I ran into, regularly priced, the
exact same keyboard - construction layout - for $7 more than mine,
except with LED lighting: five schemes, a couple practical, rest for
gaming. And a Trick Key to manipulate, mine obviously hasn't, to
switch between them (basically differently assigned colors, factory
and non-changeable, for the six horizontally illuminated rows, or a
mode being how many keys are lit up). Advantage to that is it can't
go obsolete due of drivers, ipso facto, because they're aren't any.

There's only so far actually to go. These keys are specially made
Chinese knock-offs of Cherry or Alps approximations of Blacks -- the
heaviest action of mechanicals. Very nice and widely desirable, lots
of "tactility," given excellent reviews. For a fifth the price of the
going Western technological counterparts, as it has been for years and
years, no small wonder they're so well received.

Even though they're effectively the exact same keyboard in every way,
the one with the key lighting is labeled under a different
manufacturer brand -- within an "Asian counterpart" production scheme.
However that works;- most of Chinese technology is centralized to one
geographical region, regarding consumer computer export parts, or so
it offhand appears to judge from a shipping demarcation.

Still - a lot more positive reviews to the LED branded model;- lots of
supportive purchase enduser pictures look good, too, either in ambient
or darker settings. Apparently just coming into their own for a new
class export item. Mechanicals, in general, may resultingly become de
facto the new standard, given these nickel-dime prices. That's good
news.
Old November 6th 17, 05:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 3/11/2017 2:51 PM, Flasherly wrote:
Not bad, that is for anything less, if you happened to catch it - then
they'd obviously have had to give it away for free;- mechanical Blue
"replacement Cherry" keys, offhand, I noticed going for $7 in lots of
five;- these being approximate to Blacks, at a sixth more desirable
tactile clatter, average, at ninety keys, divides to five for a buck,
at a bigger lot of one $20, full keyboard assembly. Everything of
course they're stuck to, to make the keys actually work, associatively
means for free.

No backlit...

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Old November 6th 17, 08:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 01:54:36 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

No backlit...

Right. More backlit models than expected.

https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Mechan.../ref=sr_1_1?m=
A3EY8OTWE8HUWY&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=150999693 5&sr=1-1&keywords=backlit+Mechanical+87-
key+Gaming+Keyboard&refinements=p_72%3A1248879011% 2Cp_36%3A1253504011%2Cp_6%3AA3EY8OTWE8HUWY&dpID=51 eTD0WUSQL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Same price, $27/US. Amazon has good pictures to some detailed
reviews.

The HcMan is white aluminum keyboard, and the one I looked at was all
black, keys and aluminum.

Goto: ByDylanon September 5, 2017. He gives pictures for every
lighting mode. Same lighting as the model I looked at. Very basic
horizontal-row lighting and that's as good as it gets for Black
mechanicals.

Mine is $20 and no lighting. I'm working at Finger Memory to 87-
instead of a 101-keyboard. I like it so far, but will have to wait
until I don't think about where to type, to say if I will go back to
101 keys.

Lighting won't make any difference on typing.

Lighting is not yet invented to do what my RF/wireless keyboard does
on a coffee table. I painted different women fingernail colors on the
important keys to see it better. I sight read music and need room for
my body to play from a big screen monitor. There is no extra time to
stop to think about turning digital music pages. ...Well, until it's
memorized, everything is seen, a stop to turn a page will always sound
like ****.

And thanks, I guess, for mistakes this keyboard is taking to exercise
my fingers. You should get one!
Old November 7th 17, 05:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Fixing your broken link by wrapping it with "" and ""!

https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-Led-Backlit/dp/B01N57WL39/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3EY8OTWE8HUWY&s=electronics&ie=UTF8& qid=1509996935&sr=1-1&keywords=backlit+Mechanical+87-key+Gaming+Keyboard&refinements=p_72%3A1248879011% 2Cp_36%3A1253504011%2Cp_6%3AA3EY8OTWE8HUWY&dpID=51 eTD0WUSQL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Old November 7th 17, 09:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 13:16:34 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

Fixing your broken link by wrapping it with "" and ""!

Paste it all and copy to browser works. I have a WEB link through
filter blacklists, into a USENET server. Old habits from posting
online, to USENET, simply with GOOGLE: Alphabet is now the Dark Side,
so I switched FORTE reader to a university;- I do not care how people
say what they do on USENET.
Old November 7th 17, 01:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 7/11/2017 5:09 PM, Flasherly wrote:
Paste it all and copy to browser works. I have a WEB link through
filter blacklists, into a USENET server. Old habits from posting
online, to USENET, simply with GOOGLE: Alphabet is now the Dark Side,
so I switched FORTE reader to a university;- I do not care how people
say what they do on USENET.

Just wrap all hyperlinks with "" and "" in NNTP readers.

Is Outlook Express the only NNTP client that word-wraps hyperlinks? I
dunno!

What about Micro$oft Outlook?

Old November 7th 17, 03:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 21:50:51 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

Just wrap all hyperlinks with "" and "" in NNTP readers.

Is Outlook Express the only NNTP client that word-wraps hyperlinks? I
dunno!

What about Micro$oft Outlook?

This Forte is old, 2009, but may one of the best regarded for a
newsreader. I only use it for text, and usually would avoid a long
link for the hard to find photos Amazon has for LEDs on inexpensive
mechanicals.

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/

Forte's much better than anything else I have, even if just for text.
Only things I miss is Google's old USENET thread organization,
somewhat better than this, and searches across archived posts,
time-defined searches for reaching back years.