SSD drive 3.5 inch adaptor bracket

Old August 24th 13, 05:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod at Orpheusmail

Default SSD drive 3.5 inch adaptor bracket

Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then I
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Rod Grover

--
Rod Grover

Old August 24th 13, 05:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Chris S.[_3_]

"Rod at Orpheusmail" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should
have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one
from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it
arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Rod Grover

They are cheap and widely available.
Here's a typical one on eBay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-TO-3-5-M...item3cd4ea2803

Chris

Old August 24th 13, 05:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Grinder

On 8/24/2013 11:19 AM, Rod at Orpheusmail wrote:
Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then I
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

I found this style to be particularly useful for my install, as the 3.5"
bays were bottom mounting.

The bracket that came with my SSD presumed I would be side mounting it
into my 3.5" bay, and there was no way for that to happen.

Old August 24th 13, 06:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Patrick[_9_]

Rod at Orpheusmail was thinking very hard :
Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then I
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Rod Grover

1 including postage
Might this be what you require?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sa...kw=ssd&_sop=15

Old August 24th 13, 08:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:19:55 +0100, Rod at Orpheusmail
wrote:

Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then I
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Rod Grover

I just took the first available hole, a suitable parallel plane
nearest the drives in the case, to mount mine.
Old August 24th 13, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Timothy Daniels[_4_]

"Rod at Orpheusmail" wrote:
Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then I
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Rod Grover

TigerDirect.com has a selection of SSD mounting brackets, some with
associated connectors and cloning softwa
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ds=SSD+bracket

*TimDaniels*

Old August 24th 13, 08:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rodney Pont[_5_]

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:19:55 +0100, Rod at Orpheusmail wrote:

Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then I
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

CCL have several, this one is metal;
http://www.cclonline.com/product/103...Black/ACC0521/

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com

Old August 24th 13, 08:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 25/08/2013 12:19 AM, Rod at Orpheusmail wrote:
Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?
I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Make one out of wood! Find friends that could help...

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Old August 25th 13, 01:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Rod at Orpheusmail wrote:
Hi folks,

I've just bought myself a Plextor PX-256M5P SSD. It included (or should have)
a 3.5 inch Bracket. The supplier will only accept a return/refund and then I
would have to re-order - at a higher price!

Does anyone know what these brackets look like/ Or where I can get one from
please?

I was a bit suprised as the supplier showed a cased drive but when it arrived
it was uncased!

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Rod Grover

They make 5.25 inch to 3.5 inch drive adapters, and
3.5 inch to 2.5 inch drive adapters.

They also make the latter ones, in a way so that you can
put two 2.5" drives in the same bay (if they're thin
enough).

http://sgcdn.startech.com/005329/med...SATA35252X.pdf

And for an SSD, you can also take a couple nylon wraps, and
fasten the drive to any convenient place inside the computer
case. Then plug in the SATA cabling. The mounting method
does not have to be fancy, and the orientation of the drive
is not important. Electrons have no problem going uphill.

Paul
Old August 25th 13, 04:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Grinder

On 8/24/2013 7:17 PM, Paul wrote:
Rod at Orpheusmail wrote:
[...]

True, but they're very discrete about it.