BIOS version on A7N8X Deluxe...???

Old June 23rd 03, 05:11 AM
Mark

Default BIOS version on A7N8X Deluxe...???

It is a $%^& to find the board revision number - I gave up. However, right
on the bios is a little sticker showing the bios revision. Use ASUS probe
program and it will show the revision number of the board. VERY important
to get it right as they have different bios updates depending on the board
revision - and their WEB site doesn't give any help for locating it on the
PCB.

Hope this helps,

Mark

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
There are 2 different types of the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. It depends on the

PCB
version. One is newer.

"SIMisEK" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi...

Is there a way to find out what BIOS Version I have on my MOBO, from
manufacturer, before I install the board???

By looking at serial numbers or so???

The reason I ask is that I have Corsair XMS DDR 3200 and there is

reported
"NO POST" problem with original BIOS 1000....The later BIOS upgrades

have
fixed this problem...And ASUS is implementing newer BIOS versions 1001+,
when they put the board to sale....

Thanx for any insides....

SIMisEK

Old June 23rd 03, 11:11 AM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Mark" wrote in message
It is a $%^& to find the board revision number - I gave up. However,

right
on the bios is a little sticker showing the bios revision. Use ASUS probe
program and it will show the revision number of the board. VERY important
to get it right as they have different bios updates depending on the board
revision - and their WEB site doesn't give any help for locating it on the
PCB.

The PCB version number is right in between two of the PCI slots.