New build, USB port problem

Old July 25th 17, 11:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default New build, USB port problem

Hello,

I've recently got a new build, here are the specs:
Motherboard: Asus strix Z270e Gaming
CPU: i7-7700K
CPU cooler: be quiet! Dark ROCK 3
RAM: Ballistix sport lt 16GB kit (2x 8GB)
Graphic Card: MSI GTX 1080 gaming Z 8G
SSD: 2x Samsung 950 EVO 500G M2 + Crucial MX100 256G SATA
HDD: WD Green WD20EARS 2TB
Optical drive: ASUS DRW-24D5MT
PSU: Corsair RM650X (is this PSU too weak? )
Case: be quiet! silent base 600

Installed windows 10 and everything runs fine, except some USB port problems.

When a USB drive is inserted, no mater a stick or external HDD and no matter which USB port is used, it won't eject properly. When I click the 'safely remove hardware...' icon and eject the USB drive, there's neither notification such as 'the USB mass.....can be safely removed...', nor 'the drive is busy..blabla..'
but the disk will disappear from the list (also disappear in disk management) and leave only the safely remove icon there.

After this happens (and it happens quite often), when I want to shutdown the PC and it won't. I have to turn it off by pressing the power button on the case.

All these usb drives are working fine on another PC running windows 7.
Could this be a hardware problem or is it just a Windows 10 problem?
I am seriously thinking to install windows 7 on this new build, but it seems there are a lot of work to do with a M2 SSD.

If anyone had the same issue, any advice is appreciated!
Old July 25th 17, 12:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

wrote:
[...]

I'm guessing you are not alone (Win10 issue).

https://www.windows10forums.com/thre...ect-icon.2397/

Paul
Old August 4th 17, 08:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Hunter

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 1:10:42 PM UTC+2, Paul wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

It seems to be merely a problem of corrupt USB driver.
Solved by removing the USB root hub in device manager and restart the computer.