I MEDIA 5093 - slow XP sutdown

Old April 11th 04, 09:56 PM
Acedrew

Default I MEDIA 5093 - slow XP sutdown

Ever since it was new my 2.5GHz I-Media 5093 has always been very slow to
shutdown. It always gets there, but can take 50s to do so.

Reloading XP doesnt help.

Any clues?

TIA

Andy

Old April 12th 04, 12:50 AM
Cork

"Acedrew" wrote in message
.. .
Ever since it was new my 2.5GHz I-Media 5093 has always been very slow to
shutdown. It always gets there, but can take 50s to do so.

Reloading XP doesnt help.

Any clues?

TIA

Andy

Man!
That's slower than this PB Cyrix MII 333Mhz'er with XP Pro. What all is
running still when you're shutting down?

Old April 12th 04, 03:56 AM
metronid

If you are sayoing 50 secons for 50S
That is not abnormal
Actually that is fairly fast

Before Shutdon all the settings are saved
This is normal with Windows
XP and 2000 are much better at this setting saving
It takes longer with rhese 2 OS
Actually a couple of minutes is what it takes on this side

.. .

Old April 12th 04, 09:19 AM
Acedrew

Nothing is running other than whatever XP has going itself - i.e the problem
occurs even after a clean install.

I have had lots of XP machines, and even the ones with slower CPUs and less
memory shutdown faster.

(The problem machine has 2.5GHz/512MB)

"metronid" wrote in message
If you are sayoing 50 secons for 50S
That is not abnormal
Actually that is fairly fast

Before Shutdon all the settings are saved
This is normal with Windows
XP and 2000 are much better at this setting saving
It takes longer with rhese 2 OS
Actually a couple of minutes is what it takes on this side

.. .

Old April 12th 04, 01:49 PM
metronid

Start Regedit.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control.
Click on the "Control" Folder.
Select "WaitToKillServiceTimeout"
Right click on it and select Modify.
Set it a value lower than 2000

"metronid" wrote in message
If you are sayoing 50 secons for 50S
That is not abnormal
Actually that is fairly fast

Before Shutdon all the settings are saved
This is normal with Windows
XP and 2000 are much better at this setting saving
It takes longer with rhese 2 OS
Actually a couple of minutes is what it takes on this side

.. .

Old April 13th 04, 05:48 PM
Cork

"metronid" wrote in message
If you are sayoing 50 secons for 50S
That is not abnormal
Actually that is fairly fast

Before Shutdon all the settings are saved
This is normal with Windows
XP and 2000 are much better at this setting saving
It takes longer with rhese 2 OS
Actually a couple of minutes is what it takes on this side

"Acedrew" wrote in message
.. .
Ever since it was new my 2.5GHz I-Media 5093 has always been very

slow
shutdown. It always gets there, but can take 50s to do so.

Reloading XP doesnt help.

Any clues?

TIA

Andy

I was looking for that tip too. It slowed my machine down even more, when I
tried it before. It was like it took twice as long to wait to kill service!
But, remember, I'm talking about an ancient machine here.

Media for slow burners Ron G Cdr 14 August 31st 04 02:16 AM
"Pro Media" DVD+RW 4X Media? Any experiences? Utter Newbie Cdr 0 July 2nd 04 02:21 AM
fast cdrw media for my 52/32/52 lite on and I've got macs with 10x cdrws hupjack Cdr 2 April 17th 04 04:52 PM
Laptop DVD Rom - DVD Media Compatibility +/- ? Rob Jones General 0 November 30th 03 10:13 AM