Upgrading Persario 5000 (5wv257) to win2000, Driver problems

Old September 20th 03, 07:55 AM
aznrock

Default Upgrading Persario 5000 (5wv257) to win2000, Driver problems

Just curious if any of you guys know of where I can locate some
drivers. The previous OS was ME and I have pushed it too Win2K.
Problem is can't find PCI Devices driver. I think I need this in order
to get any of my PCI devices to work...any thoughts?? I did a clean
install....I know there is a QR cd but I want this comp off ME.
Old September 21st 03, 04:13 AM
Joanna

I use Compaq Presario 5446 and am having some driver problems too after
installing Win 2K. But I seem to have the right drivers - it's just they
won't assign themselves to the right IRQ number and so they are listed as
'sharing/conflicts'. I've uninstalled/reinstalled them but to no avail -
which is why I'm on this NG...
I'm not the right person to advise you about hardware (!!!) but when you
mention 'PCI' I can tell you that I had to download a new ESS solo1 PCI
audiodrive driver for Win 2K (I upgraded from Win 98) which I could email to
you if you want (email me first if you want it - remove the obvious from my
email address). I also had to download a new printer, modem & Intel
graphics driver. I forget the websites I downloaded these from, but I think
most came from driverguide.com.

om...