Dell Latitude D820 --- College machine?

Old July 24th 06, 01:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Default Dell Latitude D820 --- College machine?

Yeah, really. This the third or 4th thread that contains this nonsense
response... Ben Myers

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:35:15 GMT, "Tom Scales" wrote:

What problem are you talking about? This thread isn't about a problem.

Do you have a financial relationship with Microtechmall.

"anna55" wrote in message
roups.com...
I had same problem with my laptop, i sent to www.microtechmall.com ,
they fixed in a week and ship back to me. working again like new.
thanks to microtech, very fast and good service.

Tom Scales wrote:
wrote in message
Nicholas Andrade writes:

Nicholas wrote:
I am about to buy a machine for my daughter who is off
to college.

The D820 seems to be a reasonable fit, not wildly heavy,
but with a 15.4 screen and built in optical drive.

Does anyone have opinions about it?

Nicholas If you think your daughter will be bringing the machine to
class every
Nicholas day, I'd consider checking out a smaller form factor (the
D820
falls
Nicholas under the max I would consider). If you think she will
probably just be
Nicholas using it primariy in her dorm room, and possibly in a
coffee
house or

We do not know how often she will bring it to class. Most of
her older friends say they do not do it daily, so that is why
we are thinking the intermediate size.

Our younger son carries an X1 to school every day, and the super
light weight is great. But at home he uses a machine with a larger
screen.

Nicholas library, then it's probably a good fit. For carrying
around
every day
Nicholas use, I'd look to the D620 or X1 from Dell, or the T/X
series
from Lenovo.

Lenovo does not offer an OS CD, so that is a no-go for me.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

They do offer a restore CD though. I have to say, the IBM X series is,
by
FAR, the best ultralight I've ever owned. I had to turn mine back in when
retired and I miss it.

Tom