[q] media center not finding songs on xps400

Old July 5th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default [q] media center not finding songs on xps400

My media center worked fine for a while, but now it has somehow "lost" the
songs that i had. I do use ipod, and i don't know if that is somehow taking
control of the songs, but they are still in the same location on my hard
drive, and i've told media center where they are, but when they search for
them, it says that they are "unknown" and it doesn't recognize them.

Any ideas?

Old July 5th 06, 11:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Kevin

wrote in message
My media center worked fine for a while, but now it has somehow "lost" the
songs that i had. I do use ipod, and i don't know if that is somehow
taking control of the songs, but they are still in the same location on my
hard drive, and i've told media center where they are, but when they
search for them, it says that they are "unknown" and it doesn't recognize
them.

Any ideas?

What extension did iPod give the songs? I don't run Media Center Edition,
but I'm fairly certain it (I'm assuming you use Media Player when in
Windows) will want to see some of the following: .wma, .mp3, .mp4 or even
good old .cda (CD Audio). If iPod changed the extensions to something
Windows does not natively recognize, it will refuse to see them.
Frustrating, no?

Old July 7th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

What extension did iPod give the songs? I don't run Media Center Edition,
but I'm fairly certain it (I'm assuming you use Media Player when in
Windows) will want to see some of the following: .wma, .mp3, .mp4 or even
good old .cda (CD Audio). If iPod changed the extensions to something
Windows does not natively recognize, it will refuse to see them.
Frustrating, no?

Yes, tried that, the songs are mp3's and have the .mp3 extension. they
haven't been changed by ipod, in fact I removed itunes completely and I
still had the problem.