Nvida drivers 77.72

Old July 6th 05, 05:05 PM
Dromiz

Default Nvida drivers 77.72

Well it had to happen and it finally has NVidea released a crappy driver in
version 77.72. I use a Maddog Nvidia 5500 FX PCI card with DVI out on a 29"
LCD running WINXP Home SP2. When you use Windows media player the picture
is washed out and total crap. This was never a issue with version 71.89 and
lower. So I restored and no problems that tells me the new LCD/DVI part of
this driver has been messed up.

Have to give NVidea a ( D- ) for this new driver. Be nice if we could email
nvidea but could not find a email on their webpage. At this point will stay
with 71.89 till they get their act together. So if you download this driver
made sure you have a restore point to unload the driver if it also fails.

Old July 6th 05, 05:58 PM
buddy

Ya, thats how i feel, i have a Asus Geforce v9999 6800 agp gamers edition, i
have the same issues with these drivers..
THIS HAS TO MAKE YOU WONDER SOMETIMES..Hellooooooooooooooooooo

Old July 6th 05, 06:15 PM
dr ratt

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:05:49 GMT, "Dromiz"
wrote:

Well it had to happen and it finally has NVidea released a crappy driver in
version 77.72. I use a Maddog Nvidia 5500 FX PCI card with DVI out on a 29"
LCD running WINXP Home SP2. When you use Windows media player the picture
is washed out and total crap. This was never a issue with version 71.89 and
lower. So I restored and no problems that tells me the new LCD/DVI part of
this driver has been messed up.

Have to give NVidea a ( D- ) for this new driver. Be nice if we could email
nvidea but could not find a email on their webpage. At this point will stay
with 71.89 till they get their act together. So if you download this driver
made sure you have a restore point to unload the driver if it also fails.

i run an iiyama as4314ut 17" lcd from the d-sub output of my msi 6600
using the 77.72 drivers and movie files play fine. not washed out or
any other problems.
one niggle - the auto-optimise gpu/vram speed clocks things slightly
too high [as has every other similar program/utility i've tried] so
that artifacts appear in bf2 demo, taking the speeds down by a couple
of mhz sorted that.
don't forget, though, these drivers are beta not whql certified.

dr ratt

i'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, insanity & violence to anyone but they've always worked for me.
Old July 6th 05, 06:36 PM
Philburg

First off, they are official.
Second, if thats the only problem with the drivers, then they're great.
This is an easily solvable problem with the answer all over. I'm pretty
sure nvidia even has a release note about it. Yet you wanted to hop on the
board and bitch right away. Google it or look up the solution a on board
earlier.

. ..

Old July 6th 05, 06:55 PM
Dromiz

PHIL - NO NEED TO BE A ASS KID

Found the answer in another post from a nice person no thx to your rude
comments.

Old July 6th 05, 09:16 PM
deimos

Dromiz wrote:
Well it had to happen and it finally has NVidea released a crappy driver in
version 77.72. I use a Maddog Nvidia 5500 FX PCI card with DVI out on a 29"
LCD running WINXP Home SP2. When you use Windows media player the picture
is washed out and total crap. This was never a issue with version 71.89 and
lower. So I restored and no problems that tells me the new LCD/DVI part of
this driver has been messed up.

Have to give NVidea a ( D- ) for this new driver. Be nice if we could email
nvidea but could not find a email on their webpage. At this point will stay
with 71.89 till they get their act together. So if you download this driver
made sure you have a restore point to unload the driver if it also fails.

I've had almost every NVIDIA card from the Riva 128 to the Geforce FX
and have used every official Detonator release since 2.08. I can say
very easily that no driver I have used has been as bad as 77.72. It's
bugged and that's unacceptable for a company with such outstanding
driver quality every other time.

Performance in 77.72 isn't bad, it's at least as good as 71.89 for me
and has a lot of GF6/7 specific tweaks. Image quality seems better than
71.89 and definately better than the unofficial 77.14. But...
compatibility and glitches are another thing.

Bug #1 - Default profiles prevent Geforce FX and some previous series
from playing Half-Life 2 and Counterstrike Source, as well as many other
games specifically listed with a default profile.

You can fix this by deleting the profile with nHancer or from the
registry, but this is stupid. By default each profile ships with a
variable for SLI and that seems to crash these games (NFSU2, HL2, etc).

Bug #2 - Color correction default profile causes whited out video playback.

To fix, select All instead of Desktop or Overlay and make a change, then
click Restore Defaults. The whacked out gamma is gone. Even though
the overlay was only affected, the problem is not in the Overlay
controls. WTF?

Bug #X - You name it, several other people have reported problems on the
nZone forums, NVNews, Guru3D, etc.

I've seen small and non-critical bugs in NVIDIA drivers before,
especially with bleeding edge releases for new hardware, but nothing so
bad as this.

Old July 6th 05, 09:52 PM
Folk

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:36:53 GMT, "Philburg"
wrote:

First off, they are official.
Second, if thats the only problem with the drivers, then they're great.
This is an easily solvable problem with the answer all over. I'm pretty
sure nvidia even has a release note about it. Yet you wanted to hop on the
board and bitch right away. Google it or look up the solution a on board
earlier.

It's not a "board" numbnuts, it's Usenet. People ask questions and
hopefully get answers. It generally works fairly well, although the
signal to noise ratio is often quite poor.

You're noise.... understand?

Old July 6th 05, 10:38 PM
Mikey

wrote:

Well it had to happen and it finally has NVidea released a crappy driver in
version 77.72. I use a Maddog Nvidia 5500 FX PCI card with DVI out on a 29"
LCD running WINXP Home SP2. When you use Windows media player the picture
is washed out and total crap. This was never a issue with version 71.89 and
lower. So I restored and no problems that tells me the new LCD/DVI part of
this driver has been messed up.

Have to give NVidea a ( D- ) for this new driver. Be nice if we could email
nvidea but could not find a email on their webpage. At this point will stay
with 71.89 till they get their act together. So if you download this driver
made sure you have a restore point to unload the driver if it also fails.

Only bug I've found with these drivers so far, the Antialiasing (right
click from the system tray) options do not grey out when "Application
Controlled" is selected
Old July 6th 05, 11:17 PM
edde

I had infinite loop crashes playing video with these drivers on my 6600gt
pcie.
GTA San Andreas also crashed numerous times during movie cutscenes.
Definately something screwy with the video playing capability with these.
I went back to 71.89 and all is well again.

. ..

Old July 7th 05, 10:45 AM
Karl-Olav Nyberg

"Dromiz" skrev i melding
. ..
Well it had to happen and it finally has NVidea released a crappy driver
in version 77.72. I use a Maddog Nvidia 5500 FX PCI card with DVI out on
a 29" LCD running WINXP Home SP2. When you use Windows media player the
picture is washed out and total crap. This was never a issue with version
71.89 and lower. So I restored and no problems that tells me the new
LCD/DVI part of this driver has been messed up.

Have to give NVidea a ( D- ) for this new driver. Be nice if we could
email nvidea but could not find a email on their webpage. At this point
will stay with 71.89 till they get their act together. So if you download
this driver made sure you have a restore point to unload the driver if it
also fails.

Hi.
Has anybody tried to run the DirectX diagnostic tool in windows with this
driver loaded? I did and my PC crashed! I am back to the former driver!
KON

SP2 Question? Scott Gateway Computers 19 April 12th 05 01:54 PM
Radeon IGP 345M Drivers + Omega Jamie Phillips Ati Videocards 0 June 15th 04 03:40 AM
ATI Win9x drivers are NFG. Slug Ati Videocards 4 May 3rd 04 08:36 PM
A7N8X-E Dx NVIDA Drivers Wildbill Asus Motherboards 2 April 1st 04 06:53 AM
A7N8X-E Dx NVIDA Drivers Wildbill Asus Motherboards 0 April 1st 04 03:02 AM