Compaq Presario Keyboard

Old March 13th 06, 12:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Presario Keyboard

Hi guys,
I was wandering if someone can help me out here. I have a compaq
presario 900z laptop and course of time it has some dirt in the
keyboard. I would like to remove the keys and clean it. Is it possible
to do this?

Thanks a lot!!!!.

Old March 13th 06, 11:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

I have done this project before
Patience is a key factor.
Under each key is a small rubber plunger
It presses down on two mylar films with the traces etched on
The pressure of each key makes its own particular connection to the Ic also
inside the keyboard
that gives the proper biited code to the keyboard controller in the
computer.

First off let me say the keyboard can most likely be cleaned with a vaccum
and a qtip to look pretty good.
If you do not have a sticking key or key that is not working because of dirt
then leave it alone.

If you still intend to open the keyboard
Unless you have a spill free keyboard then each key is going to have its own
plunger
make sure you do not lose any plungers

Remove the keys from the base
Now the case will open
I recommend you have a wide open are to work.
I open the unit with the keyboard upside down
It will open in any direction
Do not try to clean the mylar films
You may wife them with a paper down only if needed
Do not want to scratch any traces

When and if you get to reassambly
The keyboard section must be upside down and supported on its perimeter so
that the keys fall down.
You will understand this if you get to this point
The plungers must be place in each slot and then base must be attached.

I recommend you leave this alone

oups.com...

Old March 13th 06, 11:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Sorry I read the post wrong
I was not thinking laptop
You said laptop
My brain did not see the word laptop

Ben Myers will have the answer
news

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 April 30th 05 12:35 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 17th 04 12:49 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 10th 04 12:49 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 September 23rd 04 12:21 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 21st 04 11:30 AM