Fullscreen is acting odd

Old February 1st 04, 03:55 AM
jonba

Default Fullscreen is acting odd

Hey All-
When I built my computer I used lots of old peripherals to cut down on
costs. Usually this is quite effective, but my old Gateway2000 Vivitron15
monitor was starting to die. Luckily, while browsing a local thrift shop, I
surprisingly found the exact same make and model of monitor for 10 dollars,
except in 17 inches, and it's in far better condition. I switched them out
and tweaked the screen via front panel and everything seemed fine. What
doesn't work properly, however, is full screen. When switching in, instead
of content going to each edge of the screen, it simply occupies a box, which
is suspiciously similar in size to my old monitor. Any suggestions?

Windows XP Pro
Radeon 7000 w/ 64 meg RAM
512mb DDR SD-RAM
1.33 GHZ AMD Thunderbird

-Jon

Old February 1st 04, 06:47 AM
*Vanguard*

"jonba" said in :
[...]

Well, you'll need to adjust the monitor's sizing controls to expand the
screen to the edges of the monitor's face (and probably have to adjust the
positioning controls, too, as you do the resizing).

*** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

Old February 1st 04, 08:32 AM
kony

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:55:56 GMT, "jonba" wrote:

[...]

I suspect that when you go "fullscreen", it's changing resolutions.
That monitor has a memory for each resolution, so when it changes
into fullscreen mode, you need to THEN use the buttons under the
bottom hatch to adjust it.

Likely the previous owner (or the default settings) were for a
different refresh rate, so be sure you've set the desired refresh rate
for the fullscreen resolution before using the buttons, else you'll
just have to do it all over again after you change that fullscreen
resolution's refresh rate.

Or, perhaps the monitor has a problem, this is why it was retired.