Best scanner for PaperPort 11 Pro and XP Home?

Old November 13th 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
bbowdry

Default Best scanner for PaperPort 11 Pro and XP Home?

I recently upgraded to PaperPort 11 Pro on one of my computers with XP
Home? I found my 6200 USB Visioneer Scanner didn't work all of the
time. Scansoft indicates this scanner will not work on XP. Nuance does
not have it on the compatibility list.

I was able to get good scans some of the time. It worked for about a
day and then begin to hang up when sending the scan to the desktop.
This is suprising as information from various sources indicates that I
need a NTFS file system (I'm using FAT 32). to get anything.

I scan a lot of documents. I am still using a PaperPort Vx on a
computer running Win08SE and PaperPort 6.1 Deluxe. I scan the the
files to a server for access by approximately 10 systems. I moved the
scanner to the Win98SE system and this workaround works. I would like
to get all of the setup on a single system.

I was considering a HP ScanJet 8300C scanner that was on Nuance's
list.Unfortunately after a phone call with HP Tech support and sales I
found they don't have a ScanJet 8300C. They do have a ScanJet 8300.
May be my $9.95 email to Nuance will clear this up.

Any suggestions or coments?

Bill