Can two XFX 7900 GTX 512 MB with different clocks work in SLI ?

Old March 18th 06, 11:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Can two XFX 7900 GTX 512 MB with different clocks work in SLI ?

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...
Hello,

My question is if two differently clocked XFX 7900 GTX 512 MB (graphics)
cards can work together in SLI ?

(Since XFX is selling these cards at different clocks... )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Yes, however nVidia states that the SLI config. will reduce the higher
clocked card to the lower clocked card's clocks so that they match up....er
I hope that makes sense.

Of course, with a little manual overclocking, you can probably pull the
lower clocked card up to the other card's speed. I assume this would then
let both cards run at the higher clock in SLI.

At this stage, I think the only limiting factor on card combinations that
work in SLI is from GPU to GPU. All 7800GTXs will work together, but a GT
and a GTX won't, or a 7800 and a 7900 won't.

Old March 18th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:10:43 +1100, "DC" dragoncarer@woops wrote:

[...]

Also, make sure that you are using the latest 84.21WHQL driver,
formally released by nVidia yesterday. Fixes more mixed-SLI bugs,
amongst the many other updates.

John Lewis
Old March 18th 06, 10:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John Lewis" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:10:43 +1100, "DC" dragoncarer@woops wrote:

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
i.nl...
[...]

Which also reminds me to mention that a previous driver has now enabled
support for mixed vendor SLI configurations to!

Ergo, Skybuck, you don't *have* to buy two XFX cards.
I have a XFX 7800GT OCd, and it's very friggin' noisy. I'm in the process of
buying a Leadtek 7800GT Extreme...in the hope that it's a little quieter