I can't get more than 85 Hz in 1600*1200 - help please

Old October 10th 03, 07:05 PM
iddqdATworldonline.dk

Default I can't get more than 85 Hz in 1600*1200 - help please

After installing Catalyst 3.8 I have been limited to 85 Hz i 1600*1200
regardless what hoops I jump through.

Running Windows XP with all patches and Catalyst 3.8

Relevant hardware is:

ATI 9700 Pro "Build by"
Sony F520 monitor (It will do 1600*1200 110 Hz max and 2048*1536 85 Hz)
+ there is also a TV connected to the gfx-card not that it should matter.

Monitor is hooked with a 5xBNC cable meaning Plug&Play is not supported
so that is likely what's causing the problem.

I have tried using this method

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3653.html

but while it does remember my setting it doesn't carry over to the
choice of refresh rate when selecting the monitor resolution.

I have had installed the monitor inf-file and also tried using "default
monitor", and neither seems to change anything. Also I have tried
looking in the registry for a suiteable place to change a setting but
have found nothing that changed.

All input is welcome.

Kind regards

Bruno, Denmark

Old October 11th 03, 04:02 AM
Irv Segal

Try installing the monitor's .inf file while the monitor is
connected using a VGA cable; bnc does not support PnP. After
installation, switch back to bnc.

-irv segal [remove spambot foiler in return address to reply
directly]

"iddqdATworldonline.dk" wrote in
message ...

Old October 11th 03, 07:09 PM
iddqdATworldonline.dk

Irv Segal wrote:
Try installing the monitor's .inf file while the monitor is
connected using a VGA cable; bnc does not support PnP. After
installation, switch back to bnc.

I'll get hold of a cable and give it a shoot. Thx

Bruno