P4C800DLX bios 1011beta1

Old July 30th 03, 04:04 PM
Armin Pfeffer

Default P4C800DLX bios 1011beta1

"TEQ" schrieb:

"Armin Pfeffer" wrote in message
.. .

The 3-com 940 drivers are still not changed and still do not work. So
it seems to be a driver and not a BIOS issue.

Armin

How don't they work? Had no problems with them whatsoever since I put my
P4C800 deluxe together 2 weeks ago.

See threads above in this group (sorry, haven't got the history that
large at work)

and the discussion there on the drivers missing packets at low
datarates/disconnectiong an so on. Has been the fact since bios 1005
what my board came with and is still present with 1010.002, so it seem
sto be a driver issue.
The drivers do install without problems, the do work with large data
and in the LAN, they have problems with the MTU of a DSL Modem or
routers. Putting any other card into the system makes my problem
disappear, seems to help for others too.

As I said befor, if they do not get it done, I will give 25 boards
back, because of properties that are advertised but not working.

Will of course the try the P4C800 E dlx with the Inte NIC. It is a
waste of money, becouse we do not need a DLX version only the E is
needed to get away from 3COM. 3COM has had better days, and has become
elcheapo scrap in the last years.
Armin
Old July 30th 03, 08:04 PM
TEQ

[...]

No such problems here, and it's connected to a Netgear DG814 ADSL
Modem/Router.

Old July 30th 03, 11:00 PM

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:58:14 GMT, jaeger wrote:

In article ,
says...

and the discussion there on the drivers missing packets at low
datarates/disconnectiong an so on. Has been the fact since bios 1005
what my board came with and is still present with 1010.002, so it seem
sto be a driver issue.

No packet loss here, either at 10Mbps or GigE speeds over the LAN. I
see 3 or 4 people having problems, all running Linux and thus not
deserving any sympathy.

No packet loss here either. Machine to machine via the router is pretty quick!
Doesn't seem to miss a beat.

Old July 31st 03, 04:10 PM
Vincent Poy

"Sid LABDI" wrote in message ...
I have just flashed my P4C800 DLX with bios 1011 beta 1 available on the
german ftp site (ftp.asuscom.de) using the windows 5.12 flash utility. Every
thing work fine but I am not able to start the asus update utility anymore.
It says it need an Asus MB!! Did anyone observe the same behavior.

Thanks

Sid

I have the same problem as well except I'm using the P4C800-E Deluxe.
ASUS seems to have pulled the 1011 beta 1 bios off their German ftp
servers. The only problem is I thought my ASUS Update is corrupted so
I uninstalled it and I couldn't get the setup.exe to install under
1011 or 1010 final after I downgraded the BIOS. What happens is I run
the setup.exe installer and then the ASUS BIOSINFO.DLL will randomly
give some message, either it's garbled text or it'll say NT Registry
error and then when it gets to the blue screen of the installer, it
says I don't have a ASUS MB. Is a clear CMOS necessary since I always
done it with ABIT motherboards as I thought newer and older BIOSes
have settings that might not exist in the CMOS that might confuse
things? Thanks.

Cheers,
Vince