Remote storage

Old April 11th 05, 01:57 PM
Tomaz Cedilnik

Default Remote storage

Does anybody know of a remote storage service like xdrive.com for
example, but cheaper (I don't need gigabytes of storage for now)? Either
as a remote drive or FTP.

Alternatively, I would like a servre like that at home, but as a trimmed
computer (a small box that uses very little power); but it mustn't be
limited to LAN and must be secure (will be used through the internet).
Is there such a thing?

Thank you

Tom
Old April 11th 05, 02:10 PM
Al Dykes

In article ,
Tomaz Cedilnik wrote:
Does anybody know of a remote storage service like xdrive.com for
example, but cheaper (I don't need gigabytes of storage for now)? Either
as a remote drive or FTP.

Alternatively, I would like a servre like that at home, but as a trimmed
computer (a small box that uses very little power); but it mustn't be
limited to LAN and must be secure (will be used through the internet).
Is there such a thing?

Thank you

Tom

There's ibackup.com and I know people that signed up for their
original service ($29/year for 100MB ?) years ago and still use it but
ibackup has upped the minimum to (I think) $100/year. Good service
and nice client software if you like the price.

Depending on how you are going to use it you can get a cheapo web
hosting acount and use the FTP service to upload files. I'd zip up
files on my PC and put them on the server.

I think godaddy.com (originally a good/cheap domain name registrar,
now expanding out to cheap web hosting/email services) I seee they
have some sort of online storage service associated with the email
service. I've used godaddy for lots of projects and they've done
good.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.