crackling noise

Old February 16th 05, 06:17 AM
no spam

Default crackling noise

Hello,

I have an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard and a P4 3gig CPU (o/clocked to
3.21g), 2 X 512mg PC3200 Kingmax DDR ram, an ATI 9600XT video card with the
latest Cat drivers, 2 X 160gig Seagate Sata drives config as RAID0 on the
Intel Raid connectors on the motherboard, 1 X Tekram U160 SCSI card that has
a 36gig Fujitsu 10K U320 drive (boot drive) as well as a Western Digital
80gig IDE drive with a SCSI adapter attached. Two optical drive, Liteon
1653 DVDRW and Pioneer 109 on IDE Channel 2.

Also installed on the motherboard is an an Audigy 2ZS Sound Card, an a
Leadtek XP2000 Expert TV card. I also have the motherboards USB and
Firefire ports enabled.

I have had this setup for approx. 6 months and other than changing the SCSI
boot drive from an old IBM 10k 18g drive to the Futjitsu. I have also
recently installed the two optical drives which replaced an on LG DVD
burner.

The problem that I have recently become aware of is that during hardisk
activity of the main boot drive ( the Fijitsu SCSI drive) I can hear
crackling coming from the speakers (Logitech 640s). Granted the problem
may have been there before but now it is very noticable especially as the
speaker volume is turned up.

I was thinking that it might be an IRQ issue and have swapped the sound,
scsi and TV cards around in the PCI slots, but the crackling buzzing sound
of hardisk activity can still be heard throught the speakers.

I have the latest Audigy drivers installed.

Has anyone any ideas what the fix could be??

Regards,
Shane