How Do I Get PBTV to Work?

Old August 24th 03, 08:46 AM
Scarletdown

Default How Do I Get PBTV to Work?

I just recently became the owner of a PB Platinum 1550 ($5.00 at the local
Goodwill), and I am now trying to get the TV Tuner to work. I installed
the S3 Live drivers and the PBTV software (running Windows-98), but
whenever I try to run PBTV, I get the following error:

Could not load the Live Video Driver
This could be caused by one of the following

1) An unsupported resolution or color depth
2) A hardware failure

I am pretty certain that neither of these are the cause of the problem,
because:

1) I am running at 800x600 - 24 Bit Color (should be pretty standard)
2) Before I wiped the system (the previous owner had Windows-95), the PBTV
program loaded just fine.

So, what else could possibly be the problem? Here is my hardware
configuration:

CPU: Pentium-166 (upgraded from the 150 that was previously in it)
RAM: 64MB (upgraded from the 48MB that was previously installed)
ISA0: NIC (3Com EtherLink III - 3C509)
ISA1: Sound (SB32-PnP - CT3600)
PCI0: Video (S3 Virge - 86C325 - 4MB VRAM)
PCI1: Empty
ISA/PCI Combo Slot: TV Tuner Card - FCC: FODTVPNRP (Philips)

The drivers I downloaded at driverguide.com we

FODTVPNRP_software.zip
pbs3_live.exe

So, can anyone help me out here? I really need to see this tuner fully
functioning before I upgrade the OS to Linux (hopefully there are Linux
drivers for this card).

Also, where can I find the manual for this system? I checked PB's site,
and found nothing useful.

Thanks.