Coolbits

Old April 4th 04, 01:43 AM
Ryan

Default Coolbits

Does Coolbits work with 52.72 and if not what drivers do i need to get
coolbits to work with?
Old April 4th 04, 01:54 AM
Ryan

Ryan wrote:
Does Coolbits work with 52.72 and if not what drivers do i need to get
coolbits to work with?

forget that question
Old April 4th 04, 02:48 AM
PRIVATE1964

forget that question

What if someone wants to answer anyway?
Old April 4th 04, 02:50 AM
Ryan

PRIVATE1964 wrote:
forget that question

What if someone wants to answer anyway?

then go ahead
well if you want to answer a question that really matters. how hot is
to hot for a 5700 ultra core temp?
Old April 4th 04, 03:29 AM
PRIVATE1964

then go ahead
well if you want to answer a question that really matters. how hot is
to hot for a 5700 ultra core temp?

I don't think Nvidia has ever posted maximum core temps for their cards. .
At idle I would think anything over 50C would be getting on the hot side.
Anything under 60C at load should be OK. Anything over 60C and the card might
not last long and might not be very stable.

Old April 4th 04, 06:15 AM
SpaceWalker

how hot is too hot for a 5700 ultra core temp?

when it melts ; )

--
Jose Rivera, MCP
Event Horizon Computers

Old April 4th 04, 12:46 PM
Ryan

SpaceWalker wrote:
how hot is too hot for a 5700 ultra core temp?

when it melts ; )

thanks im trying to play it safe. i only have it set to 484 and 914 for
the memory. it's at 42 C right now and i can notice a little better
playing in call of duty.
Old April 4th 04, 05:29 PM
PRIVATE1964

it's at 42 C right now

Thats fine.
Old April 4th 04, 08:02 PM
Ryan

PRIVATE1964 wrote:
it's at 42 C right now

Thats fine.

well if i want to oc even more what cooling solutions do you suggest. I
dont have an exaust fan, will that help? Or i found this thing from
antec that blows air out of one of the pci slots. I'm on a limited
budget so the cheapest, best solution would be the most helpful.
Old April 4th 04, 09:24 PM
PRIVATE1964

well if i want to oc even more what cooling solutions do you suggest. I
dont have an exaust fan, will that help? Or i found this thing from
antec that blows air out of one of the pci slots. I'm on a limited
budget so the cheapest, best solution would be the most helpful.

The first thing would be to have a low case temp. This is the air that feeds
the fan on the video card.
A side fan positioned right over the video card helps a lot because it is
always giving the video card cooler air from outside the case.
That exhaust fan that you mentioned might help a little bit, but not much from
posts I have read. You could get a better cooler for the card which would help
more then the exhaust fan I think, but I don't what is a good cooler for your
card. You'd have to search on that.
I still think the starting point should be getting cooler air near the AGP
slot. Another thing that might help is to replace the thermal compound on the
card with Arctic Silver 5. Then maybe a new cooler for the card.
To be honest I have done quite a bit of overclocking on video cards. Sometimes
you just don't gain all that much with a new cooler compared to the stock
cooler. When it hits it's limit you just won't get much more unless you do some
really extreme modding.