Problem with Atlantic Inkjet?

Old December 4th 09, 06:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Pixmaker

Default Problem with Atlantic Inkjet?

Hello, all you Gurus:

I've been using Atlantic inkjet inks for my Canon iP-4000 ever since
the printer first came onto the market and those inks have worked very
well and very reliably. I've gone through two Canons and I'm working
on my third (used from ebay.) Considering the current economic
climate, I've found this printer to be one of the most economical
inkjets on the market. And the print quality is superb.

Last week, I ordered some bottles of ink (black pigmented) and I
received a bottle having virtually no identification on it. . . just a
sticker with a supposed part number. I could not trace this number
back to anything on the Atlantic web site so I called them.

I was told that Atlantic does not stock or supply a pigmented black
ink for Canon printers. (I got the implication that they did not sell
ANY pigmented ink whatsoever.)

The scary part of this story is that the person on the other end of my
phone conversation told me that the black dye-based ink I received was
compatible with all inkjet printers and would work just fine!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Something is very wrong here!

Also, they are now selling something called "waterproof" inks that are
said to be compatible with Canon original inks.

Gals and guys, this just doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone had
recent experience with ink from Atlantic? Are their inks still decent
for use with my Canons?

Also, wouldn't you believe that it's about time to find another
supplier? I don't make salon prints on the Canon but I cannot afford
to print off-color and sloppy images. Also, I don't like the idea of
mixing different ink brands in the same printer. As for using
dye-based ink in a print head designed for a pigmented ink, well, I'm
just stunned at that remark.

I will truly appreciate any suggestions regarding good and reliable
suppliers of after-market inks for the iP-4000.

Maybe this is a temporary problem but I'm afraid to take any chances.

Any ideas???

DaveinFLL

Old December 5th 09, 02:26 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Sparky[_4_]

Hi

I've used Atlantic for some time and placed an order a few weeks ago for my
Canon MP510
My previous orders were shipped from Eastern Canada , but this one came from
California , and the confirmation email was sent from Reinks.com
It appears Atlantic's been sold ? I wasn't pleased with the carts I
received ( low ink levels ).
I did email and they've said they're sending me a replacement , but I think
I'll be looking for a new source in the future..?

Old December 5th 09, 03:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
fredk

"Pixmaker" wrote in message

[...]

I suggest you contact
(supplysourceatgmail.com). They offer both dye and pigment inks
formulated for each make and model of printer.
Fred Keen
Old December 6th 09, 08:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

I bought a color kit for my HP #78 cartridges. The ink appeared
to have been a good value, but I've had trouble with it and a few
cartridges. I haven't figured out what the problem was. I'm
printing OK with one cartridge that I managed to refill decently.
I didn't have any problems when I used the Korean Inktec kit
earlier. Their directions were adequate and well thought-out.

Worse, the needles in the kit are too long and trashed three or
more of my cartridges when used according to the instructions
that they supplied. These instructions aren't very good.

This was a few months ago. The company was located in New
Brunswick just a few miles from the US border. Shipping was fast,
inexpensive, and adequate. Packaging was good.

Richard
Old January 15th 10, 07:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
justme

Check this site for their refill videos

http://www.bizco.com.au/pages/Inktec-Refill-Kit-Videos

just go to the model you have

if you trashed your cartridges you must have used needles in your 45a
cartridge

the inktec kit for this shouldn't have any needles

you can squirt ink straight from the bottle so as not to puncture the bag in
the cartridge

if that was your problem

"Richard Steinfeld" wrote in
message ...
I bought a color kit for my HP #78 cartridges. The ink appeared to have
been a good value, but I've had trouble with it and a few cartridges. I
haven't figured out what the problem was. I'm printing OK with one
cartridge that I managed to refill decently. I didn't have any problems
when I used the Korean Inktec kit earlier. Their directions were adequate
and well thought-out.

Worse, the needles in the kit are too long and trashed three or more of my
cartridges when used according to the instructions that they supplied.
These instructions aren't very good.

This was a few months ago. The company was located in New Brunswick just a
few miles from the US border. Shipping was fast, inexpensive, and
adequate. Packaging was good.

Richard

Atlantic Inknet Richard Steinfeld[_2_] Printers 3 September 11th 09 05:09 PM
Canon CLI 8 / PG 5 Compats - Atlantic Inkjet Lily[_2_] Printers 14 March 9th 08 02:54 AM
Atlantic Inkjet/Re-Inks Richard Steinfeld Printers 61 June 29th 06 03:41 AM
Atlantic Inkjet Ron P Printers 67 March 1st 06 09:15 PM
Atlantic for Refill; How about Cartridges? JLynn Printers 0 October 14th 03 10:30 PM