Gateway LCD Monitor Problem

Old March 1st 09, 07:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Scott

Default Gateway LCD Monitor Problem

My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
monitor. It's served me well.

What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

Thanks!
Scott
Old March 1st 09, 11:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

Scott wrote:
My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
monitor. It's served me well.

What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

Thanks!
Scott

Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers
Old March 2nd 09, 04:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Scott

Ben Myers wrote:

Scott wrote:
My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
monitor. It's served me well.

What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

Thanks!
Scott

Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

Ben,

I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. It's a 4x3 aspect ratio
and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
nVidia video card.

Scott
Old March 2nd 09, 05:02 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

Scott wrote:

Ben Myers wrote:
Scott wrote:
My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
monitor. It's served me well.

What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

Thanks!
Scott

Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

Ben,

I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. It's a 4x3 aspect ratio
and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
nVidia video card.

Scott

Samsung LCD monitors are generally well regarded. You would likely be
OK with the 943N... Ben
Old March 2nd 09, 10:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 11:39*pm, Scott wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:

Scott wrote:
My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. *I really like this
monitor. It's served me well.

What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

Thanks!
Scott

Something electronic inside is wearing out. *Use it until it gets too
annoying, then replace. *LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

Ben,

I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. *It's a 4x3 aspect ratio
and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
nVidia video card.

Scott

Do some online comparison shopping. Newegg.com has 22" and 21.5"
Samsung LCD monitors for under $200 with free shipping, also look at
mwave.com too. I bought a 28" Hannsg monitor and really like it.
Ron
Old March 3rd 09, 02:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
Scott typed on Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:30:49 -0600:
My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6
years old. Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've
discovered that when I lightly tap the top of the monitor, the
shaking stops. I really like this monitor. It's served me well.

What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

Thanks!
Scott

Might be an easy fix. Merely by resetting the plugs inside of the
monitor.

--
Bill
2 Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2