Problem with DVD burner

Old March 12th 06, 10:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Problem with DVD burner

Hi,

Does anyone know what may of happened here? Recently I've lost the ability
to burn CD's at maximum 32X speed, in fact the only speed I can burn is 8 or
below. I have a TEAC DV-W58 and it used to burn discs flawlessly at full
speed. I use Nero to burn discs and the error it's giving is "Power
Calibration Error".

I'm using the latest firmware for the drive and I can't think of any bit of
software that I've installed that may of caused this. I've tried other
burning software and each has the same problem, won't burn at max but only
at low speeds. Is my drive on it's way out?
System is a Dimension 8300 with XP SP2. Anyone seen this error in Nero
before? Disc's I'm using are TDK CD-R80, used them before with no
problems...maybe a bad batch?

Any help appreciated.

Rob

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0610-2, 10/03/2006
Tested on: 12/03/2006 22:41:00

Old March 13th 06, 09:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Did you change the CDR disks you use? Some older ones can't burn at the
higher rate....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold