Requi file manager which shows folder sizes

Old May 24th 04, 12:20 PM
MLC

Default Requi file manager which shows folder sizes

lunedì 24/mag/2004 _Piotr Makley_ ha scritto:

I am looking for a file manager similar to Windows Explorer which
shows a folder "tree" with the size of each the folders.

Does such a utility exist?

Prefereably freeware.

TrackerV3:
http://www.trackerv3.com/overview.htm

The installation of TrackerV3 totals to about 1MB. No files are added to
your system and your registry is not touched. Also, running the program does
not change your system or registry.

The home license, which is free of charge, is restricted to personal home
use and to non-profit and educational organizations.
--
Maria Luisa C - 24/05/04 13.13.12, here.
http://fido.altervista.org/index.php
Old May 24th 04, 02:42 PM
Brian Gaff

When you find one, let me know. Also, a 98 lookalike search facility would
not go amiss either.

Brian

Email:
__________________________________

"Piotr Makley" wrote in message
I am looking for a file manager similar to Windows Explorer which
shows a folder "tree" with the size of each the folders.

Does such a utility exist?

Prefereably freeware.

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old May 24th 04, 02:42 PM
Larc

On Mon, 24 May 2004 11:23:09 +0100, Piotr Makley
wrote:

| I am looking for a file manager similar to Windows Explorer which
| shows a folder "tree" with the size of each the folders.
|
| Does such a utility exist?
|
| Prefereably freeware.

PowerDesk is the best one I know of. There's a free version you can
get he

http://www.v-com.com/product/pd_free_trial.html

It lacks some of the features of the full pro version, but there's no
time limit on the trial.

File sizes can show in the "Details" view and you can specify in
Options Preference Details View tab exactly which info you want in
that view (I'm guessing the choice is available in the trial version).
File size also shows in the status bar when any file or group of files
is highlighted.

Larc

Old May 24th 04, 03:04 PM
Larc

On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:42:26 GMT, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

| When you find one, let me know. Also, a 98 lookalike search facility would
| not go amiss either.

If you want Search to have the "Classic" Windows look, you can specify
that in TweakUI Explorer. Check the boxes next to "Use Classic
Search in Explorer" and "Use Classic Search in Internet Explorer."

If you don't already have TweakUI installed, you'll find it on this
page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

Of course, this assumes you are using WinXP...

Larc

Old May 24th 04, 03:09 PM
David Candy

Hover over the folder and the tooltip will tell you.

--=20
And the band played ....
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...289883713.html
"Piotr Makley" wrote in message =
I am looking for a file manager similar to Windows Explorer which=20
shows a folder "tree" with the size of each the folders.
=20
Does such a utility exist?
=20
Prefereably freeware.

Old May 24th 04, 03:16 PM
David Candy

95/98/NT4 had a more classic than classic search extension. It was =
dialog based rather than Explorer Bar based. What XP calls classic is =
the 2000/ME style.

"Larc" wrote in message =
On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:42:26 GMT, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:
=20
| When you find one, let me know. Also, a 98 lookalike search =

facility would
| not go amiss either.
=20
If you want Search to have the "Classic" Windows look, you can specify
that in TweakUI Explorer. Check the boxes next to "Use Classic
Search in Explorer" and "Use Classic Search in Internet Explorer."
=20
If you don't already have TweakUI installed, you'll find it on this
page:
=20
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp
=20
Of course, this assumes you are using WinXP...
=20
Larc
=20
=20
=20
=A7=A7=A7 - Change planet to earth to reply by email - =A7=A7=A7

Old May 24th 04, 04:11 PM
Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

Suggest Total Commander from http://www.ghisler.com/. It will do pretty much
what you want, but a bit differently. You can highlight a folder and then
press ctrl/L. You will get a popup window that will tell you how many
files/folders are within and the total space used for all.

Did I say it's FREE!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

Old May 24th 04, 04:57 PM
lesfletcher

In article , says...
I am looking for a file manager similar to Windows Explorer which
shows a folder "tree" with the size of each the folders.

try freeCommander -
www.freecommander.com
Les
(To email me - remove the z)
Old May 24th 04, 05:43 PM
New Wet Kojak

On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:20:23 +0200, MLC wrote:

lunedì 24/mag/2004 _Piotr Makley_ ha scritto:

I am looking for a file manager similar to Windows Explorer which
shows a folder "tree" with the size of each the folders.

Does such a utility exist?

Prefereably freeware.

TrackerV3:
http://www.trackerv3.com/overview.htm

The installation of TrackerV3 totals to about 1MB. No files are added to
your system and your registry is not touched. Also, running the program does
not change your system or registry.

The home license, which is free of charge, is restricted to personal home
use and to non-profit and educational organizations.

excellent program here. i especially dig the built-in find features
and id3 tag editing. thanks for the link!

--
absorbent and yellow and pourous is john corliss!
Old May 24th 04, 06:44 PM
Semolina Pilchard

On Mon, 24 May 2004 11:11:26 -0400, "Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)"
wrote:

Suggest Total Commander from http://www.ghisler.com/. It will do pretty much
what you want, but a bit differently. You can highlight a folder and then
press ctrl/L. You will get a popup window that will tell you how many
files/folders are within and the total space used for all.

Did I say it's FREE!

From the website:
Total Commander, Version 6.03a, is a Shareware file manager for
Windows® 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP, and Windows® 3.1.

It's non-expiring shareware with a nag screen. It's the best of the
dual-pane file managers but it isn't free.
--
Semolina Pilchard

Is My Burner Broken? ggroups2 General 3 August 12th 04 03:54 AM
Fat32 vs NTFS for file size Woodchuck Homebuilt PC's 9 December 28th 03 05:18 PM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 05:47 PM
Device Manager shows VIA drivers in non-VIA system? larrymoencurly Homebuilt PC's 7 September 11th 03 01:33 AM