Micro Advantage 52x Burner

Old February 3rd 04, 10:02 AM
A Person

Default Micro Advantage 52x Burner

Got this at Office Max. $19. after rebates.

This drive could not even run the software installation disc that came
with it. Back in the box. Back to the store.
Old February 3rd 04, 06:08 PM
callsignviper

"A Person" wrote in message
Got this at Office Max. $19. after rebates.

This drive could not even run the software installation disc that came
with it. Back in the box. Back to the store.

Sorry for your difficulty but it would have been more helpful to others if
you had mentioned the actual manufacturer of the drive since
"MicroAdvantage" is nothing more than a repackager of various products.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

Old February 3rd 04, 08:56 PM
A Person

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:08:37 GMT, "callsignviper"
wrote:

"A Person" wrote in message
.. .
Got this at Office Max. $19. after rebates.

This drive could not even run the software installation disc that came
with it. Back in the box. Back to the store.

Sorry for your difficulty but it would have been more helpful to others if
you had mentioned the actual manufacturer of the drive since
"MicroAdvantage" is nothing more than a repackager of various products.

When I was at the checkout paying for this I said I wonder who
actually makes this? And the guy at the register said "Micro
Advantage."

Thinking he misunderstood I told him that these cheapo drives were
usually made by somebody else and repackaged by whatever brand is
selling them.

He said Micro Advantage manufactures their own stuff.

Well they do a poor job of it.

If anybody could give me clue as to how to figure out who really made
it I will look and report, as I haven't had a chance to take it back
yet.
Old February 3rd 04, 10:43 PM
Tim Kroesen

Model and s/n if available plus include the FCC ID# which can be traced
at the FCC site...

Tim K

"A Person" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:08:37 GMT, "callsignviper"
wrote:

.. .

Old February 4th 04, 04:37 AM
callsignviper

"A Person" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:08:37 GMT, "callsignviper"
wrote:

"A Person" wrote in message
.. .
Got this at Office Max. $19. after rebates.

This drive could not even run the software installation disc that came
with it. Back in the box. Back to the store.

Sorry for your difficulty but it would have been more helpful to others

if
you had mentioned the actual manufacturer of the drive since
"MicroAdvantage" is nothing more than a repackager of various products.

When I was at the checkout paying for this I said I wonder who
actually makes this? And the guy at the register said "Micro
Advantage."

Thinking he misunderstood I told him that these cheapo drives were
usually made by somebody else and repackaged by whatever brand is
selling them.

He said Micro Advantage manufactures their own stuff.

Most store employees are usually clueless when asked for the actual
manufacturer and don't seem to understand the repackaging concept. Read
he http://www.microadvantage.net/company/ and see what you think. I have
no doubt the drive you bought was manufactured by BTC or similar.

Well they do a poor job of it.

If anybody could give me clue as to how to figure out who really made
it I will look and report, as I haven't had a chance to take it back
yet.

As Tim said the FCC ID# can be traced. Sometimes these repackagers leave the
original manufacturer's Model Number the same. Just look at the label on top
of the drive. It should have everything needed to identify the actual
manufacturer. Also, the firmware revision number can help as well since each
manufacturer tends to use a unique method to identify their firmware
revision level.