Could anyone recommend a good but quiet CPU fan please?

Old May 29th 04, 01:04 PM
Dan

Default Could anyone recommend a good but quiet CPU fan please?

I'm after a new CPU fan since the one I have seems to be failing (knocking
noises) as well as the PC crashing at times and reporting that the CPU is at
78 degress in the BIOS (usually after a particularly long 3DS MAX
rendering...)

Anyway I'm looking through various sites (UK) and there are so many to
choose from I thought i'd seek advice first.. Can anyone help?

Many thanks for your help

Regards,

Dan Bowles

Old May 29th 04, 01:42 PM
LBJGH

They make these for amd and intel rigs.
http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/ae...vp4c7040_2.htm

"Dan" wrote in message
I'm after a new CPU fan since the one I have seems to be failing (knocking
noises) as well as the PC crashing at times and reporting that the CPU is

at
78 degress in the BIOS (usually after a particularly long 3DS MAX
rendering...)

Anyway I'm looking through various sites (UK) and there are so many to
choose from I thought i'd seek advice first.. Can anyone help?

Many thanks for your help

Regards,

Dan Bowles

---

Old May 29th 04, 02:59 PM
Josef Varela

Anyway I'm looking through various sites (UK) and there are so many to
choose from I thought i'd seek advice first.. Can anyone help?

You just want a fan? Pabst makes quite quiet fans.
If you are lookin for a whole replace for heatsink and fan, go for the
Thermaltake TR2 M3, silent and cheap. Anyhow, just buy 80mm fans if you
want to keep it silent.
Old May 29th 04, 03:02 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

AeroFlow SUCKS and it aint quiet had one.

Bought a Zalman 7000a cu and now my PC IS QUIET, if you want quiet you
have to pay for it, just make sure it fits your mobo , a comptabilty
list is in Zalmans site.

At full power the fan gets my XP 2400 to 38c and thats quiet and at 7
volts its even MORE quiet and the cpu is only 41c, its running at 1500
rpm at the momment not sure the CFM of that, but the heatsink must be
very efficient.

You can't loose, going to get a Zalman PSU now as the PSU is the
loudest part of my system now once thats done, my pc willbe SO quiet,
i can hardly tells it son now, ihave to look at the lights on the pc
to know

Hope this helps.

Old May 29th 04, 03:54 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Thermaltake fans quiet ????? BULL****.

On Sat, 29 May 2004 15:59:24 +0200, Josef Varela
wrote:

Thermaltake

Old May 29th 04, 05:01 PM

On Sat, 29 May 2004 13:04:17 +0100, "Dan"
wrote:

I'm after a new CPU fan since the one I have seems to be failing (knocking
noises) as well as the PC crashing at times and reporting that the CPU is at
78 degress in the BIOS (usually after a particularly long 3DS MAX
rendering...)

Anyway I'm looking through various sites (UK) and there are so many to
choose from I thought i'd seek advice first.. Can anyone help?

Many thanks for your help

Regards,

Dan Bowles

What's your current HS/fan combination ?, and ;
changing it in a badly cooled case may not help !

BoroLad
Old May 29th 04, 05:50 PM
Josef Varela

Thermaltake fans quiet ????? BULL****.

Shut your flaming ass up!
The TR2 M3 does 19 dB, if you donīt know what you are talking about you
better keep off the NG
Old May 29th 04, 07:12 PM
Robert

I have an antec case fan sitting on top of my heatsink pushing 36cfm of air
through it. all for $16.00

Old May 29th 04, 09:34 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Are they not temputure controled fans ? TR2 m3 ?

Old May 29th 04, 09:35 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

I take it its a Stock cpu heatsink ?