Question regarding Restore on notebook

Old July 17th 06, 05:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
stevem131718

Default Question regarding Restore on notebook

I have been having some problems with my notebook, and decided to just
start everything over. I did the full system restore (detructive) and
when I was done I was suppose to insert the XP operating system disk,
however I just get an option to do a recovery, and if I dont select
that, the screen just turns black. If anyone has any suggestions on
how I could reinstall the XP, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks In Advance,
Steve

Old July 19th 06, 04:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
lawrence ligon

you need to have the windows cd in the drive and restart the computer , then
it will let you reformat and install, let it run untill it starts again.
"stevem131718" wrote in message
m...
I have been having some problems with my notebook, and decided to just
start everything over. I did the full system restore (detructive) and
when I was done I was suppose to insert the XP operating system disk,
however I just get an option to do a recovery, and if I dont select
that, the screen just turns black. If anyone has any suggestions on
how I could reinstall the XP, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks In Advance,
Steve

XPS600 Restore CD question.. Dusty Dell Computers 9 February 15th 06 12:12 AM
Notebook memory question oldgrey General 4 December 29th 04 05:39 AM
NoteBook Question Sharp Ati Videocards 1 November 8th 04 07:32 PM
Compaq Presario 6000 restore problem. Gary Compaq Computers 10 May 22nd 04 09:06 PM
powerquest drive image restore question Rob Storage (alternative) 3 April 9th 04 09:17 PM