Nero - all versions fail when burning lead-out of audio CDs...

Old September 27th 03, 02:03 AM
XPG

Default Nero - all versions fail when burning lead-out of audio CDs...

Does it happen with DMA disabled?

Did you try another burning program?
Feurio is the best to try if your drive is supported:

Old September 27th 03, 12:03 PM
Steve B

My guess is faulty hardware or ASPI layer.

"Carey" wrote in message
I have a somewhat strange problem with Nero... It always fails when
burning audio CDs, regardless of what audio format I use, what the total
audio length is, and what CDRs I burn to. It *always* happens
identically - Nero loads up the audio tracks, burns them all, and after
it's done burning the last track, the very second it begins the lead-out
- then the burning process breaks, with just a generic "Error" message
in 5.x and "Buffer underrun" in 6.0.0.15. *Always* when it starts
burning the lead-out, not during burning tracks or lead-in... Data CDRs
burn perfectly, CD (and audio) copying works flawlessly, too, disc
images burn fine - the only time Nero screws everything up is with audio
CDs, always when starting to burn the lead-out. This has been happening
with any version since 5.x, up to 6.0.0.15, which I have now. I tried
changing all possible Nero and system settings related to this, I tried
doing any anti-buffer underrun trick in the book (swap, optimizations,
DMA settings, subsys, you name it), and it stil happens...

Old September 28th 03, 06:28 AM
Bob M

There is a known issue with Nero 6.0.00.15. See if you can find a copy of
6.0.00.11 or wait until Ahead releases the new Nero at the end of Sept...

Bob