M2N32 SLI Deluxe, Phenom and SLI

Old April 16th 08, 09:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rick Savoie

Default M2N32 SLI Deluxe, Phenom and SLI

Hello all:

Asus released a BIOS update (1802) for this board in March that actually
works with a Phenom processor. Just to let you know mine is up and running
with a B2 Phenom 9600. It appears to have fixed my SLI (horrors) problems as
well, so good luck.

System: M2N32 SLI Deluxe, 2ea Asus 8800 GTS 512MB, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Vista
64 Premium

Bye, Rick

Old April 29th 08, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rick Savoie

I suppose I should update this statement. This only lasted 3 days
and then the "will not boot" black screen problem came back. After 3 months,
I'm not going to try and fix it any more. I would suggest that anyone with
an M2N32 SLI Deluxe does NOT try to use it with a Phenom, at least not the
B2 versions. I won't be buying a newer B3, I will be replacing the 9600
Phenom with a 6400+ and hopefully that will solve my problems and it will
actually work faster than a Phenom due to the clock speed (for gaming).

I was waiting to buy a 780a mainboard, but I'm not sure if going
that way with my Phenom 9600 is a good idea. I'd like to hear any
suggestions...

Asus M2N32 SLI deluxe wireless and 64x2 6400+ (2ea 8800GTS 512)
OR
New 780a mainboard and Phenom 9600+ (2ea 8800GTS 512)

Cya, rick

Old April 30th 08, 07:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rick Savoie[_2_]

Last update on this thread...

My intermittently DOA Phenom 9600 has been sent back to AMD, so there is
probably not an issue with the M2N32 SLI Deluxe compatibility (first time
I've ever had a CPU acting like this one, so I didn't really believe it, but
it did it in an M3N-HT as well).

I won't find out till later because I've replaced them both with an Asus
M3N-HT Deluxe and Phenom 9850. When the other CPU comes back, my son will
get a sweet upgrade.

Bye, Rick