Abit's RMA support???

Old April 16th 05, 03:19 AM
No one

Default Abit's RMA support???

Is anyone else as unimpressed with Abit's RMA as I am? I returned a
video card, being careful to include all the manuals, cables and CDs.
All I received is a bare card. No cables. No CDs. No manuals. It
even came in a box that looked like something bought used off ebay. No
explanation of what was done or if this was a replacement board. This
is very unprofessional.
Old April 16th 05, 02:31 PM
Alfred Kaufmann

The RMA usually tells you exactly what to send back for replacement
and that does not include manuals, cables & CDs. A manufacturers' RMA
is not like taking it back to a retail store.

Ak

Old April 21st 05, 06:45 PM
LostSoul

Least you got a reply to youre reqeusts from tech i got no emails back yet .
I think ill have to go alternative motherboard manufacturer from here on out
asus or dfi. Reason i got issues with the board the abit fatality 939 an
Gskill 2x512 sticks at cas 2.5 give errors out the ying yang an beeps like
hell. An the reason im using g skill is for the lower memmory volts on the
abit 2.8. It will run at cas 2 after much looking in bios for the cause it
was the cas at default out of box 2.5 in bios that was the trouble. An i
bought the componants i did because i chose to overclock had i known i
couldnt do cas 2.5 or even 3 yes i tryed for overclocking id never have
bought the gskill which is good up to 600 mhz @cas 3 -4-4-5 i beleive if id
known. I bought this stuff to overclock an game not to play in the bios
everytime you go to far have to pull 1 stick just to reboot come on abit
what the hell. An yes im water cooling it. Like i said all this stuff was
planned for overclocking not playing with mem sticks in an out.

Old April 21st 05, 06:54 PM
LostSoul

An i also think if thats the way you received it thats just wrong. I feel if
you send it back in whole package wise that you received thats what you
should have got back in other words the whole kit in shiny new package. Why
revision changes software changes an upgrades software where applicable. An
if it was faulty on there end id feel better receiving something in a well
packaged way or new preferably.

Old April 24th 05, 08:26 PM
Hans Wankle

Be advised to stay away from Abit at all cost. I had problems with an Abit
board. Took forever to get an RMA. Sent it back and they sent the very same
board back to me without a serial number. I had put a small ID mark on the
board. I installed the board and it had never been repaired. Had the very
same problems. I contacted them about the problem and they wanted a serial
number. Since they had removed the original number, there was none on the
board. I had taken pictures of the board before I sent it back so I included
them in an email to their sales dept. along with the original Receipt and
original RMA numbers. After about two weeks they gave me another RMA and I
sent the board back. They kept it a month and sent it back. However, it was
not even the same model and the returned board was defective. I threw the
returned board in the garbage can where all Abit boards should go and
purchased an Asus. NO trouble at all with Asus. Hope this helps.

Old April 25th 05, 12:21 AM
Conor

In article , Hans Wankle says...
Be advised to stay away from Abit at all cost. I had problems with an Abit
board. Took forever to get an RMA. Sent it back and they sent the very same
board back to me without a serial number.

Fortunately in the UK we have the Sale of Goods Act which means we deal
with the retailer so we bypass all of this rubbish.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Old April 25th 05, 12:46 AM
Alfred Kaufmann

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:26:54 -0500, "Hans Wankle"
wrote:

[...]

You had no problem getting an RMA from ASUS?

If you are just saying the board you got from ASUS worked then you are
talking apples and oranges. All the boards I got from ABit since my
first BH6 worked (still working in a friend machine) too. Never had
to deal with RMAs.

If they sent you a replacement board without a serial number on it, I
would have returned it and would never deal with them again. Sounds
like something bought on EBay. Just how old was this motherboard you
were trying to replace?

Ak

Old April 25th 05, 10:31 PM
Hans Wankle

The Board was a KR7A 133R and was less than a year old when it failed. The
board was bought from a reputible retailer and was in a retail box. It
worked fine for about a year and that is when I fell into trouble. I
understand that all motherboard manufacturers will have a product fail at
times. But the measure of a company is how they address their warranty to
the end user. This is where Abit fails their customers. I bought 3 other
Abit boards in the past and they are all still working without problems. It
took me nearly a year dealing with Abit to replace this board which had a 3
year warranty and they sent me back a KR7A instead of a KR7A 133R and that
one was DOA. Since then I have bought only Asus boards and I do understand
some have had problems with Asus. But so far, I have not, and I will only
buy Asus boards until I do have a problem with their RMA policy.

Old February 27th 09, 11:06 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit,comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Dumbo

I have never used them but I know a lot of other RMA depts. will explain
that its just the bare faulty components that they want and you should hold
onto the extras. It seems a bit harsh as your now out the expense of buying
new leads etc... I learned that lesson from a mate who returned his faulty
monitor to discover that the stand etc.. wasn't with the replacement one.

Sorry about your problem but surely if you give them enough woe they should
get you sorted better.

Robin

Old April 10th 10, 01:31 PM
mivpl mivpl is offline