Canon IP4000R won't print grey in high quality paper and quality settings

Old October 5th 05, 03:27 PM
A Shropshire Lad

Default Canon IP4000R won't print grey in high quality paper and quality settings

Hi all.

My Canon IP40000R worked fine for months but I've noticed when I print greys
(like a drop shadow or any percentage of black) on lowest quality settings,
it's OK.

If I select glossy or matte papers or increase the quality of print above
standard, the colours all shift - the grey goes pink, blue goes to
mauve/purple. Just one example. Happens from several PCs.

Happens from all apps, I have the 1.8 XP driver from their website... and
getting fed up!

Any suggestions please!

Steve

Old October 5th 05, 03:32 PM
Mikey

You could try the AUTO head alighment.

Sounds strange, but that is one of the possible solutions in the service
manual.

Mikey

Old October 5th 05, 04:33 PM
measekite

Are you using or have you always used Canon OEM ink. If that is not the
case your luck ran out.

Old October 5th 05, 05:54 PM
A Shropshire Lad

Always use original Canon inks.

Odd that on default, it's fine on grey, but the whole page gets a
magenta/pink cast if I up the quality settings or change to other than plain
paper. What gives?

. ..

Old October 5th 05, 07:06 PM
measekite

A Shropshire Lad wrote:

Always use original Canon inks.

Odd that on default, it's fine on grey, but the whole page gets a
magenta/pink cast if I up the quality settings or change to other than plain
paper. What gives?

Are you sure you have the correct carts in the right slots and that you
always have. If so then I would uninstall and then install the driver.
Make sure you choose plain paper and then standard quality. I only use
high quality when printing photos. Also go to properties
(start.settings.printers etc) and choose the tab color management. Make
sure that auto is selected and the selection is CNPJPRN2. You may also
want to change the paper. I use Hammermill Premium InkJet paper.

Old October 5th 05, 07:37 PM
Mikey

I have had this problem in the past (Using ALL canon products)

On contacting Canon and getting past the Frontline of SCRIPT MONKEYS I was
told the following.

"Duplex does NOT use the Large pigment ink due to the longer drying time,
and the possibility of ink smearing on the rollers"

"Changing the ink dry time, has NO effect on the print quality either"

This has come from the next level of support you get, either by insisting
on further help, or after the first phone calls.

From the horses mouth so to speak.

There is nothing wrong with your printer.

The real question I would like to have answered is.... Is there any way to
add just 1mm to the MAX Diameter of a printable disc to make it 119mm?

Hope this helps someone

Old October 5th 05, 07:49 PM
Frank

Mikey wrote:
I have had this problem in the past (Using ALL canon products)

On contacting Canon and getting past the Frontline of SCRIPT MONKEYS I was
told the following.

"Duplex does NOT use the Large pigment ink due to the longer drying time,
and the possibility of ink smearing on the rollers"

"Changing the ink dry time, has NO effect on the print quality either"

This has come from the next level of support you get, either by insisting
on further help, or after the first phone calls.

From the horses mouth so to speak.

There is nothing wrong with your printer.

The real question I would like to have answered is.... Is there any way to
add just 1mm to the MAX Diameter of a printable disc to make it 119mm?

Hope this helps someone

Seeing as how measer****head works for canon you'd think he'd know that
fact. He probably does but his proclivity for lying just can't be overcome.
What an asshole he is.
Frank
Old October 5th 05, 11:43 PM
drc023

As usual Measekite has no clue about what the real problem could be. He just
spouts the same idiotic drivel in post after post. Thanks to your other
reply, you were able to point out that what Measekite posted was one of his
typical lies. When you print in plain paper mode, the BCI-3ebk pigmented
black ink is used. However when any other paper type is specified pigmented
ink is not used and the BCI-6bk dye black is used along with the other photo
colors. The description you gave clearly indicates that the dye black isn't
working or is at far too low an intensity. Have you run a nozzle check and
verified that the BCI-6bk is functioning correctly? You might have a head
clog caused by Canon OEM ink. Have you swapped out the dye black tanks with
another one?
--
Ron

"A Shropshire Lad" wrote in message
Always use original Canon inks.

Odd that on default, it's fine on grey, but the whole page gets a
magenta/pink cast if I up the quality settings or change to other than
plain paper. What gives?

. ..

Old October 6th 05, 12:48 AM
measekite

Mikey wrote:

I have had this problem in the past (Using ALL canon products)

On contacting Canon and getting past the Frontline of SCRIPT MONKEYS I was
told the following.

"Duplex does NOT use the Large pigment ink due to the longer drying time,
and the possibility of ink smearing on the rollers"

"Changing the ink dry time, has NO effect on the print quality either"

NEVER SAID THAT. IT CAN SHORTEN THE TOTAL TIME TO RESULT

This has come from the next level of support you get, either by insisting
on further help, or after the first phone calls.

From the horses mouth so to speak.

Old October 6th 05, 12:50 AM
measekite

Frank wrote:

Mikey wrote:

I have had this problem in the past (Using ALL canon products)

On contacting Canon and getting past the Frontline of SCRIPT MONKEYS
I was told the following.

"Duplex does NOT use the Large pigment ink due to the longer drying
time, and the possibility of ink smearing on the rollers"

"Changing the ink dry time, has NO effect on the print quality either"

This has come from the next level of support you get, either by
insisting on further help, or after the first phone calls.

From the horses mouth so to speak.

There is nothing wrong with your printer.

The real question I would like to have answered is.... Is there any
way to add just 1mm to the MAX Diameter of a printable disc to make
it 119mm?

Hope this helps someone

Seeing as how measer****head works for canon you'd think he'd know
that fact. He probably does but his proclivity for lying just can't be
overcome.
What an asshole I am.
Frank *
*