Ink for Canon printer - Where to buy?

Old April 16th 10, 07:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
JD

Default Ink for Canon printer - Where to buy?

Joel wrote:
JD wrote:

Joel wrote:
JD wrote:

I have a Canon Pixma MP170 and want to buy ink for
the black catridge.

For the past hour I have been looking online and
came up with almost nothing.
Does anyone know of a reliable reasonably-priced
source of Canon black ink
(cartridge is PG-40) or ink of equal quality?

Many thanks for the help :-)
Came up with nothing? In this case I would suggest to search for option
to refill it yourself. I don't own any Canon printer to know much about
it/them, but many vendors selling the refillable ink cartridge with ARC
(Auto Reset Chip) for most if not all current Inkjet printer (I assume that
the MP170 is inkjet printer).

Thanks Joel,

The MP170 is an inkjet. I have located several
places that sell the refill kits
and am still mulling over it to make up my mind.
There is a fairly wide variation in prices.

*IF* they do have refilled available then it sounds like you can refill
your own.

- The Price, if you refill your own then the price is around 10-25 cents per
bottle.

- But first you have to buy the Refillable cartridges and Ink. Refillable
cartridge you can chose between $12-20 or $100-200+ for the whole set. The
most expensive ink catridge won't make the printer run any better or safer,
but it could make someone feel better (?).

Me? I shop for the lowest price for both refillable cartridge and ink. I
paid $18 for the set of 6 cartrdiges, and around $25 for 6 bottles on ink.
And I have been refilling like crazy for little over a year now, the lowest
ones still have around 1/5 left.

And if it's really that none available for you
to find, then I would
suggest to shop for other model or different brand those have 3rd party or
cheap ink.

I'm sure I have it under control now. Paul found
the best deal and it appears to be at:

http://www.ldproducts.com/catalog.ph...+MP170&x=0&y=0

Have a great week :-)

Wow! I haven't looked at any cartidge for more than $3-4 each for many
years. I started refilling my own from the very early days, then I found
some companies selling the refilled catridge for around $1.50 - $2.50 each
so I stopped refilling to buy them instead. Then I upgraded to newer
printer with much tougher protection, some companies selling remanufactured
catridge for around $10-12 per cartridge but it's too expensive for me, so I
started refilling my own again.

They're astonishing prices. Do you know any places
in Northern CA where I could
buy them?

To my disappointment, I tried to buy the LD
Products refill for the Canon, but their website
had an error when it came to the purchase and I
had not the time to wait so I bought a refilled
cartridge, 1/2 mile from where I live, for $17 and
it works like a champ.
I'll order those LD refills at my leisure to have
it for the next fillings.

Thanks for your input.
Old April 17th 10, 08:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
JD

Joel wrote:
JD wrote:

Joel wrote:
JD wrote:

Joel wrote:
JD wrote:

[...]

I never checked to know they were from North or South CA, I just shop for
the reasonable price and it can come from anywhere on earth. IOW, I don't
buy locally but online order.

To my disappointment, I tried to buy the LD
Products refill for the Canon, but their website
had an error when it came to the purchase and I
had not the time to wait so I bought a refilled
cartridge, 1/2 mile from where I live, for $17 and
it works like a champ.
I'll order those LD refills at my leisure to have
it for the next fillings.

Thanks for your input.

Me? even $4-5 per cartridge is still 1-2 too expensive for me. Like I
said it costs only 10-25 cents to refill myself.

OK Joel, tell us the secret. Where do you get
those refills?

At:
http://www.ldproducts.com/Canon/Refi...0-Product.html
I can get:
"InkTec Refill Kit for Canon PG-30, PG-40 and
PG-50 Black
Our Price: $10.95

Canon PG-30, PG-40 and PG-50 Black Inkjet refill
kit includes the following: two 20 ml bottles of
black ink for 2 refills, two injection needles, a
manual, a screw tool, and a pair of plastic
gloves. Take advantage of the great savings by
refilling your cartridge twice with Ink refills
for your Canon PG-30, PG-40 and PG-50!"

However, I can't find Canon bottled ink alone.

Old April 18th 10, 10:51 AM
basumarpo1610 basumarpo1610 is offline
Junior Member

That URL is in two pieces. Be careful to copy and paste both parts
into your browser.

The top link on that page, gives you this listing.

"Remanufactured Ink Cartridges and Refill Kits for your Canon Pixma
MP170 Printer"
Old March 20th 13, 06:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

ink cartridges for all types of canon printers are available on canon official online store with online shopping.

You can get ink cartridges online here - http://www.imagestore.co.in/consumab...artridges.html

On Saturday, April 10, 2010 9:17:00 AM UTC+5:30, Grinder wrote:
On 4/9/2010 11:27 PM, JD wrote:
I have a Canon Pixma MP170 and want to buy ink for the black catridge.

For the past hour I have been looking online and came up with almost
nothing.
Does anyone know of a reliable reasonably-priced source of Canon black ink
(cartridge is PG-40) or ink of equal quality?

Many thanks for the help :-)

I don't know where you're located, or what you qualify as reasonable,
but it appears that Staples carries that ink.

Old March 21st 13, 02:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On 4/9/2010 11:27 PM, JD wrote:
I have a Canon Pixma MP170 and want to buy ink for the black catridge.

For the past hour I have been looking online and came up with almost
nothing.
Does anyone know of a reliable reasonably-priced source of Canon black ink
(cartridge is PG-40) or ink of equal quality?

Many thanks for the help :-)

I don't know where you're located, or what you qualify as reasonable,
but it appears that Staples carries that ink.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...keywords=PG-40

FYI - Canon printer drivers are available from Canon Canada supportpage Dejola Printers 2 September 14th 08 08:26 PM
Canon A3 printer? DC Printers 6 February 2nd 06 07:19 AM
Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300 Mikey Printers 8 December 25th 04 08:42 AM
Canon IS-12 Scanner cartridge for Canon BJC-85 printer Jess Dan2 Scanners 0 November 5th 04 04:35 AM
Canon i860 Photo Printer compared to Canon MP360 Printer/Scanner/Copier sydemon Printers 4 May 8th 04 10:10 PM