Drivers impacting Server 2003 Installation?

Old September 11th 04, 08:16 PM
Aaron

Default Drivers impacting Server 2003 Installation?

I just purchased a server with an ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe Motherboard.
ASUS provided a driver disk, but it only contained drivers for 2000
and XP. I need to install Windows 2003 Server. I tried using the XP
and 2000 drivers, but during the 2003 install the machine freezes.
This freezing typically occurs a couple of minutes after after the
message the SiS180 raid controller has not passed Windows logo
testing. Most time it allows me to get as far as entering the product
key, selecting licensing mode, and entering admin password. In fact a
couple of times, I have come as close as 3 minutes remaining in the
install. I have tried to repartition the hd and start over but that
also doesn't seem to help. I have also tried swapping the RAM to see
if that was the problem.

Any insight that you can provide is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old September 12th 04, 03:19 PM
Paul

In article ,
(Aaron) wrote:

[...]

Does it pass memtest86 from memtest.org error free ? Bad RAM could
be the cause.

As for driver issues, it pays to check the download
page for the board you want to purchase first, as some boards are
missing Win98 support for key components, and others won't have
explicit 2003 support. The OS supported is listed under each
driver entry. Similarly, if you plan to run Linux, you'll
need to do a lot of research into what to expect (Asus doesn't
support Linux in a proactive way, just whatever driver they got
from the component manufacturers.)

HTH,
Paul