RAM for Del Dimention 8100

Old December 4th 08, 02:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default RAM for Del Dimention 8100

I need to update the ram in my dell 8100 computer i have fount two
options one is to buy 4 samsung PC-600-53 non-ecc modules The question
is ( discription states for 400MHZ FSB Machines) i dont know and cant
find the answer.
Old December 4th 08, 06:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
BigJim

wrote in message
I need to update the ram in my dell 8100 computer i have fount two
options one is to buy 4 samsung PC-600-53 non-ecc modules The question
is ( discription states for 400MHZ FSB Machines) i dont know and cant
find the answer.

You would be better off purchasing a new machine. Rambus memory
was fussy about what motherboard it would work with.

Old December 4th 08, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bob Knowlden[_2_]

The answer is he

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...eest/specs.htm

You have a 400 MHz FSB machine.

I suggest not spending much money on upgrading it. (RAMBUS memory is
obsolete, and can be expensive.)

Old December 5th 08, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default OT: Question for Paul

Paul, I noticed your answers are always so accurate, and detailed.

Ever thought of going into business?

Do you believe in karma? :-)

Old December 6th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jack R[_3_]

But, you are extremely helpful in these newsgroups, please keep it up!
(maybe this is your 'square hole')
Jack R

"Paul" wrote in message ...
lid wrote:
Paul, I noticed your answers are always so accurate, and detailed.

Ever thought of going into business?

Do you believe in karma? :-)

I'm curious what kind of business I'd be
suited to. By whatever metrics are available,
I don't fit any slots. A square peg in a world
of round holes.

Paul

Dimention 9200 Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi driver Andrew Hodgson Dell Computers 3 August 6th 08 11:19 PM
Dimention 2900: Annoying case problem Andrew Hodgson Dell Computers 5 February 20th 07 06:04 PM
dem 8100 John B Dell Computers 3 October 25th 06 01:40 PM
dem 8100 John B Dell Computers 0 October 23rd 06 05:55 AM
Bad CPU in 8100? Brian Dell Computers 1 May 11th 06 07:43 PM