Weird gamma problems?

Old June 27th 05, 08:44 PM
Fronkensteen

Default Weird gamma problems?

Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
sort of posterised effect.

Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup on
WMP doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Steve
Old June 27th 05, 09:35 PM
Mikey

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:44:43 GMT, Fronkensteen
wrote:

Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
sort of posterised effect.

Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup on
WMP doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Steve

Check out video overlay on the nvidia panel of the display properties
Old June 27th 05, 10:24 PM
Philburg

Thats a known problem with the latest drivers. Just go and set the video
overlay to "all" instead of desktop.

wrote:

Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
sort of posterised effect.

Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup
on
WMP doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Steve

Check out video overlay on the nvidia panel of the display properties

Gamma Correction and Monitor Set Up with Wizard Canopus Nvidia Videocards 0 March 19th 05 09:54 PM
AIW and Windows Gamma Problem Stewart Vane-tempest Ati Videocards 0 December 10th 04 09:28 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
DirectX Problems! Faustus Homebuilt PC's 4 December 24th 03 10:42 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM