Shut Down Problem with Intel DP35DP

Old September 29th 08, 04:40 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Justin[_8_]

Default Shut Down Problem with Intel DP35DP

I an running an Intel DP35DP, with Windows XP Pro, 1G of RAM (soon to be
4) a SilverStone Tech powersupply at 450 watt. I am taking advantage of
the RAID array and have two Western Digital 230G drives on there and
they're running without any problems.

When I shut down a few minutes ago, both drives powered down, but the
fans and blue power LED stayed on. I hit the rest button and thing
happened. I had to reach back and use the manual power switch on the PSU.

As God is my witness I haven't changed anything on the PC, but I do have
a RAM upgrade planned.
Old September 29th 08, 05:08 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
CJT

Justin wrote:
I an running an Intel DP35DP, with Windows XP Pro, 1G of RAM (soon to be
4) a SilverStone Tech powersupply at 450 watt. I am taking advantage of
the RAID array and have two Western Digital 230G drives on there and
they're running without any problems.

When I shut down a few minutes ago, both drives powered down, but the
fans and blue power LED stayed on. I hit the rest button and thing
happened. I had to reach back and use the manual power switch on the PSU.

As God is my witness I haven't changed anything on the PC, but I do have
a RAM upgrade planned.

There was probably a service running that didn't want to terminate.
Instead of using the regular shutdown, you can use the one that's in
"Computer Management." (I think then it's something like "Action-
Properties-Advanced-Shut-down-Shutdown/always" but I don't have it
in front of me right now.) That allows specifying that all services
are to be forced to shut down.

BTW, instead of using the switch on the back, you should have been able
to press and hold (for about 6-10 seconds) the front panel power switch.

Old September 29th 08, 05:55 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Justin[_8_]

CJT wrote:
Justin wrote:
[...]

A process? But Windows had already shut down and terminated. Remember,
the screen was blank, and went into power save mode and the hard drives
powered down.
Old September 29th 08, 05:54 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Sjouke Burry

CJT wrote:
Justin wrote:
[...]

Just make a shortcut on the desktop containing
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 04
That works well for me.
Old September 30th 08, 05:23 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Justin[_8_]

Sjouke Burry wrote:
CJT wrote:
Justin wrote:
[...]

Windows shuts down properly; but the fans still spin. Windows is
completely out of the loop by this time. How can a process still run
when the hard drives are powered down and the screen is blank?

DP35DP Memory Problem Diederick Intel 2 July 14th 08 02:12 PM
DP35DP Memory Problem [email protected] Intel 8 May 18th 08 08:40 AM
Intel DP35DP motherboard, no fan speed control? John Doe Homebuilt PC's 9 May 15th 08 01:23 AM
Intel DP35DP won't open BIOS [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 18 October 25th 07 10:46 PM
Intel DP35DP won't load BIOS [email protected] Intel 4 September 18th 07 10:15 PM