Epson Individual Ink cartridges

Old February 24th 05, 07:14 PM
Łukasz Ledóchowski

Default Epson Individual Ink cartridges

Epson R300:

Before changing yellow ink:

K:38% C:17% M:66% Y:0% LC:38% LM:9%

After changing yellow ink:

K:34% C:13% M:61% Y:100% LC:34% LM:5%

Manual says that this is printer test. After changing ink 6 times
(every cartridge) we use 20% of every ink. It means that we use 1/5 of
every cartridge just to test the printer!!

When I did the same test with CX3650 with clogged head, the test didn't
even unclog the nozzles. I had to run cleaning to get them clear.

What are your experiences with Epson printers? Do you have similar with
Canon, HP or Lexmark?

--
# Łukasz Ledóchowski
# GG: 503647
Old February 24th 05, 08:32 PM
Łukasz Ledóchowski

pete wrote:

What are your experiences with Epson printers? Do you have similar
with Canon, HP or Lexmark?

Lexmark rip you off at the till.
Keep refilling your cartridges, it's cheap enough.

I don't want to discuss about cartridge prices, I know them. I just
want to know about the details that you don't know when you buy the
printer. Printer test when changing every is one of them and makes
indvidual cartridges much less atractive.

--
# Lukasz Ledóchowski
# GG: 503647
Old February 24th 05, 09:12 PM
Łukasz Ledóchowski

Bob Headrick wrote:

What are your experiences with Epson printers? Do you have similar
with Canon, HP or Lexmark?

HP printers with integrated ink supplies and printheads do not do
this. That would include all DeskJet, Photosmart and PSC units, as
well as many of the Officejet products.

What about business inkjets?

--
# Łukasz Ledóchowski
# GG: 503647
Old February 24th 05, 11:28 PM
Tony

"Łukasz Ledóchowski" wrote in message
Epson R300:

Before changing yellow ink:

K:38% C:17% M:66% Y:0% LC:38% LM:9%

After changing yellow ink:

K:34% C:13% M:61% Y:100% LC:34% LM:5%

Manual says that this is printer test. After changing ink 6 times
(every cartridge) we use 20% of every ink. It means that we use 1/5 of
every cartridge just to test the printer!!

I can give you a picture from the other side of the fence. Since the single
cartridges became popular (read promoted or a craze ) my figures over
several 100 sales for many types show only a one percent difference in
consumption: Yellow is the Epson leader.
Whereas tracking the printers I use daily (Epson C80, 895, S-820) for
general printing the Epson's in particular often show low to empty across
alternate cartridges, but no increased use of any colour over 3 years in
use.
?? Tony

--
Got the picture...Print it. JetTec perfect.
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

Old February 25th 05, 07:17 AM

Of course you could waste money on a HP with the antiquated tri-color
scheme, spend $35 on a measely 14ml of ink.

Bob Headrick wrote:
"=A3ukasz Led=F3chowski" wrote in message

Before changing yellow ink:
K:38% C:17% M:66% Y:0% LC:38% LM:9%
After changing yellow ink:
K:34% C:13% M:61% Y:100% LC:34% LM:5%

Manual says that this is printer test. After changing ink 6 times
(every cartridge) we use 20% of every ink. It means that we use 1/5

of
every cartridge just to test the printer!!

Welcome to the sometimes false economy of individual ink tanks. Some

designs
require a priming cycle at each ink supply insertion to clear air out

of the
system. If the priming station is designed to prime all the ink

supplies at
once you will put a significant amount of ink in the service station

"diaper".

What are your experiences with Epson printers? Do you have similar

with
Canon, HP or Lexmark?

HP printers with integrated ink supplies and printheads do not do

this. That
would include all DeskJet, Photosmart and PSC units, as well as many

of the
Officejet products.
=20
Regards,

Old February 25th 05, 02:06 PM
SamSez

Or, you could buy an hp business inkjet, get two tray support, Ethernet
connectivity, print speeds to rival laser, and quite reasonable photo results.
[Check how many colors are in some of canon's latest 'photo printer' offerings?]

oups.com...

Old February 26th 05, 01:56 AM

Actually, for the C84, it's 450 pages at 5%.

Old February 26th 05, 02:01 AM
stolen name

There is a large size (more ink) black from Printpal.com
it had been great for my C84 use Cheaper and no problems.
fyi

wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually, for the C84, it's 450 pages at 5%.

Old February 28th 05, 02:10 PM
Arthur Entlich

What this is implying is that the amount of ink used during a change of
cartridge purge process is assumed in the firmware to be 4% of the total
usable amount. This may or may not be accurate.

However, as you state, that means each time any cartridge is replaced,
each cartridge loses something approaching 4%.

This is why I have stated many times that having individual cartridges
may not save any ink over a tricolor cartridge.

This is not a "test" by the way, it is simply a process that the printer
goes through to attempt to remove any air locks in the head where the
cartridge has been changed, and to help the new cartridge to begin working.

Art