A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Printers
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xerox cartridgesfor HP1525nw laserjet?

Old January 9th 19, 04:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson
external usenet poster

Default Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xerox cartridgesfor HP1525nw laserjet?

I just came across these Xerox cartridges manufactured (I dont know why!) for the HP printer. But on insertion of the magenta one, I just get a wrong magenta cartridge error message.
'
Xerox professed to be completely clueless and I dont DARE call HP and ask what such an error message means when I am using a non-HP laser toner cart!
Old January 9th 19, 06:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle
external usenet poster

Default Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xeroxcartridges for HP1525nw laserjet?

On 1/9/2019 10:58 AM, myfathersson wrote:
I just came across these Xerox cartridges manufactured (I dont know why!) for the HP printer. But on insertion of the magenta one, I just get a wrong magenta cartridge error message.
'
Xerox professed to be completely clueless and I dont DARE call HP and ask what such an error message means when I am using a non-HP laser toner cart!

I would call HP an ask the question. I may be less than truthfull about
where I bought the cartrige.

Based on two things. One it may be something that occurs with HP
cartridges, and two Xerox may be the actual manufacturer of the HP
cartridge.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Old January 9th 19, 07:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson
external usenet poster

Default Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xeroxcartridges for HP1525nw laserjet?

good point and I might have tried it but the answer was much simpler: I had bought three carts, 2 mag and one cyan and someone had put the second mag cart in a cyan box!
Old January 9th 19, 07:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson
external usenet poster

good point and I might have tried it but the answer was much simpler: I had bought three carts, 2 mag and one cyan and someone had put the second cyan cart in a mag box!