Front panel filter replacement and fan removal

Old September 14th 14, 08:17 PM posted to comp.hardware
Haines Brown

Default Front panel filter replacement and fan removal

I using an old case because it is good quality, but ran into two issues.

The old 80 mm. fans are held in with I can only describe as plastic
"expansion bolts". I will replace the fans with better ones. But
removing the plastic retension bolts is not easy and the bolts cannot be
reused. Is there a simpler way than brute force to remove them? I assume
I should use plastic screws to hold the new fans. Would someone provide
a spec for these screws so I can get some?

I also found that the filtering material on the front panel that covered
the fans has disintegrated. This material is a loose plastic mesh
measuing 3.5 x 7". Is there a source for such material? Are the plastic
frames holding the mesh standardized so that one can buy the whole
filter assembly, frame with filter? I doubt it, and so I might have to
glue replacement mesh to the plastic frame. Suggestions appreciated.

Front panel headers medico[_2_] Homebuilt PC's 2 December 12th 07 04:14 PM
Gateway TBR2 PIII case front removal jtpr Gateway Computers 0 April 3rd 07 02:40 AM
Connecting front panel USB BH2 Homebuilt PC's 6 February 27th 07 03:53 AM
Front Panel Geoff Asus Motherboards 7 July 8th 06 05:51 AM
Front panel speakers/mic seabat Homebuilt PC's 1 January 13th 05 06:05 PM