Marvel G450 Vid-tools caps NTSC at 30, not 29.97 fps?

Old April 17th 04, 05:30 AM
mmartins

Default Marvel G450 Vid-tools caps NTSC at 30, not 29.97 fps?

Hi, I'm trying to cap some old NTSC tapes with my Marvel G450 eTV card to
the 704x576 MPEG-2 format using Vid-Tools 2.10.10 but am having the
following problem:

The software only captures at 30 fps, with no option to switch this to 29.97
(the edit box is greyed out)

This means that, played back at 29.97, the captured video suffers from an
A/V desync of about 4 seconds / per hour

Does anyone know of a workaround to force capture at the correct rate?

TIA
Mike

Old April 17th 04, 01:55 PM
Linea Recta

Workaround: Use Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7. You can choose the parameters you
want for capturing / editing with this card.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

"mmartins" schreef in bericht

Old April 18th 04, 09:50 AM
mmartins

Thanks, I'm trying it now and it looks good

"Linea Recta" wrote in message
Workaround: Use Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7. You can choose the parameters you
want for capturing / editing with this card.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../

Old April 18th 04, 02:42 PM
Linea Recta

All right, another tip: if you want to capture in real good quality get the
prog. AVI_IO.

http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/

This is compatible with your card and captures to AVI. Use lossless
compression for AVI (latest version of hyffyuv). After this you can edit (if
desired) in Ulead MSP7 and for final step render to DVD-compliant MPG2. This
procedure may take a little more time and effort but it gives the highest
quality. Never re-edit MPG2, but consider MPG2 a an end format.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

"mmartins" schreef in bericht
Thanks, I'm trying it now and it looks good

"Linea Recta" wrote in message
Workaround: Use Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7. You can choose the parameters

you
want for capturing / editing with this card.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk