Phaser 6200 background colour after refill

Old June 15th 09, 02:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rock

Default Phaser 6200 background colour after refill

Hi,

Everything was fine until I got the message it needed yellow toner. I
filled it with the same compatible toner I have been using for years and
restarted it.

After a few copies I started to get where everything had a yellow to it
and a clear white sheet became a lighter yellow.

I looked at the cartridge and it looked normal so tried again to get the
same result.

I then got a dust message and put a new transfer roller in but the
yellow still came.

I re-seated everything but still the same except every now and then I
would get an 'engine firmware failure' message but every time when I
turn it off and on, it is okay again but with the yellow.

I notice that yellow is all over the transfer roller and in the rollers
at the back and inside of the imaging unit.

After just a few copies...maybe 100 if that, I get the yellow is empty
and sure enough it is.

When I print with it in but still empty it prints as it should.

What could be wrong? It seems like it maybe is the cartridge itself or
the wiring to that cartridge as everything else is fine.

Imaging is 39% Fuser 86% Transfer roller(new) ok
all ink ok (except the yellow now)

Thanks

rock

in Sydney oz