nvidguiv.exe rootkit?

Old March 17th 06, 07:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default nvidguiv.exe rootkit?

I just installed tiny personal firewall. This damn nvidguiv thing just keeps
trying to connect ands won't let me get on the web without shutting off the
firewall? According to it's properties it's some kind of vid management.
Looked it up on google and there it's connected with remon.sys(I've got that
too). Anyone else have this file in their taskmanager?

Old March 17th 06, 07:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Your firewall is right to block it. Nothing to do with nVidia. Part of a
Trojan / Worm that has got on your system, probably before you put on
the firewall software...

Look here and click on advanced.
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...tilebotdk.html

Removal instructions he
http://www.sophos.com/support/disinf.../tilebotw.html

Good luck.

In message ,
dawg writes

--
Neil J Bundy
Old March 17th 06, 07:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

dawg wrote:

I just installed tiny personal firewall. This damn nvidguiv thing just
keeps trying to connect ands won't let me get on the web without shutting
off the firewall? According to it's properties it's some kind of vid
management. Looked it up on google and there it's connected with
remon.sys(I've got that too). Anyone else have this file in their
taskmanager?

This is trojan, it has nothing to do with nvidia.

Google "nvidguiv" and you'll find a good deal of information about it.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old March 17th 06, 07:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Sure does sound like a hijacker. Get down Spybot and
run that. In the mean time, flush your Temp Internet Files
directory and reboot. It also might be a Multiplayer game
thing like Steam ?? You might start up your games and
try going to the web, and see if nvid pops up and barks
about the firewall.

johns

Old March 17th 06, 09:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"johns" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sure does sound like a hijacker. Get down Spybot and
run that. In the mean time, flush your Temp Internet Files
directory and reboot. It also might be a Multiplayer game
thing like Steam ?? You might start up your games and
try going to the web, and see if nvid pops up and barks
about the firewall.

johns

I've been running both Norton AV and Search&Destroy for months. This thing
has been there all along.I though it was part of nvidia software.