Pleast urgent help, KV8 Pro no POST, 83, 9c, 9e, 9f

Old November 3rd 04, 12:13 AM
Pramma

Default Pleast urgent help, KV8 Pro no POST, 83, 9c, 9e, 9f

I've just built a new machine (specs down below) and it was working
fantastically, I was Gaming UT2004 for hours, and then my computer
automatically shut down. So I thought it just over-heating, ok, i
waited a minute and turned it back on but it went frmo 1.0, to 8.3. to
9.C when I immediately heard one long beep followed by one short beep,
then it quickly turned to 9.e. and then immediately to 9.f and it
stays there until I turn off the powersupple. I'm positive everything
it plugged in fine, it was running perfectly until it automatically
turned off ffor some reason. I heard that 20A are neccesary for the
12V rail, and I know that I only have 15, but that doesnt explain how
the machine was running so well for so long. Any help is GREATLY
appreciated, I am very short for time and need this machine running as
quickly as possible. Thanks.

AMD64 3000+
ABIT KV8 PRO rev 1.1
1 GB Corsair VS PC3200 DDR400
160 GB EIDE 7200 RPM 8 MB CACHE
PNY GF 6800 GT 256
Onboard Lan + Audio
Samsung DVD-/+RW
Operite 52x cd-rw
450W 12V PSU

Old May 30th 05, 07:41 PM
obijohn

Try a different power supply of 450+ watts

Old May 30th 05, 10:13 PM
obijohn

Try unplugging the drives and fans and see if it then boots.
If it does then it looks like the psu isn't man enough.