NASA seizes new Opportunity after losing its Spirit on Mars

Old February 15th 04, 03:10 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message
om...
snip
Splappy doesn't realize that the microfilm tapes were produced from a
PAPER copy of the manual. We had a nice little expensive machine that
would feed each sheet in and take a photo.

No, little shaver has mistaken a Braniff in house manual for a 727 MM.

Do you have a reading disability, Tom?

As for not realizing, you are way out in kook land with your post, Mosher.
How MMs for an airplane get from one of those hard copy machines to another
is microfilm. Only a complete idiot would make hard copies of each slide,
except as originals to the an airline's engineering department.

not to include the foreign corporates Mosher is vagely familiar with

Old February 15th 04, 03:12 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message
om...
Bàidh Stidean wrote:

snip
I was Braniff's only maintenance tech pubs person from November 1988 to
March 1989 (post Dalfort/Braniff separation).

Geeze, two losers from the same bankrupt Airline.

Sometimes when I meet these losers on the usenet, I see little wonder their
Airline folded.

Old February 15th 04, 05:16 AM
Tom Mosher

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message
om...
snip

Splappy doesn't realize that the microfilm tapes were produced from a
PAPER copy of the manual. We had a nice little expensive machine that
would feed each sheet in and take a photo.

No, little shaver has mistaken a Braniff in house manual for a 727 MM.

Do you have a reading disability, Tom?

As for not realizing, you are way out in kook land with your post, Mosher.
How MMs for an airplane get from one of those hard copy machines to another
is microfilm. Only a complete idiot would make hard copies of each slide,
except as originals to the an airline's engineering department.

not to include the foreign corporates Mosher is vagely familiar with

You are a ****ing moron. The machine we had shot each page as a separate
image on a 100+ foot roll of 16mm film.

Obviously, you have no ****ing clue how a tech pubs department works.

Tom Mosher

Old February 15th 04, 05:17 AM
Tom Mosher

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message
om...

Bàidh Stidean wrote:

snip

I was Braniff's only maintenance tech pubs person from November 1988 to
March 1989 (post Dalfort/Braniff separation).

Geeze, two losers from the same bankrupt Airline.

Sometimes when I meet these losers on the usenet, I see little wonder their
Airline folded.

So what? At least I got free flights and the Braniff job lead to another
at one of the larger corporate pilot training companies.

Currently I'm working for a defense contractor that does $4 billion plus
per year in sales and I was recruited by them.

Tom Mosher

Old February 15th 04, 05:50 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message
.com...
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message
[...]

Even I know that in the 70's, 80's & into the 90's original MM's were
produced page by page on "High Grade Linen non Acidic Paper" then put on
film for rapid reproduction. The company I worked for had a special
warehouse devoted to storage of original Engineering Data & MM's. When the
Burbank facility closed, most original data from there was transferred to
our facility for permanent storage.

To my knowledge the C-130J was the 1st A/C the company produced that the
original design, engineering data, & MM's were created, kept, stored on
computers using digital storage media.
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Old February 15th 04, 05:53 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

running with scissors wrote:

"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message

.com...

"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message
om...

In article ,
says...

"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message

Bingo! Tarver won't understand history though.

IBM controlled Intel when the PC was minted.

BZZT! WRONG ANSWER! PLease try again when you come off Pluto.

Fact.

Absurd! No one is this dumb, are they?

You are truely a clueless idiot, Williams. Are you a kook troll, or

tech?

You haven't a clue (no surprise to your "friends" on ADA, so I
hear).

Sparing with Tarver aka "Splappy/Splaps Boy" is 1 thing. You may want

review the situation re posibility of "Friends at ADA". A prudent

review of
ADA & other aviation group regulars is likely not to turn up "0"

posters
that will claim him as a friend.

Tarver, aka Splappy/Splaps Boy, is well known as the "Kook" of the

aviation
groups.

--
Keith

Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

ralph, "sparring" is giving the little man, Tarver, too much credit.
discourse on matters of an aviation nature and questioning the little
man on his tripe and other fantasy bull**** is more akin to poking the
village idiot with a stick.

as far as many are concerned, both on usenet and industry based the
little man is ****ing idiot, who would need instructions on how to use
a screwdriver.

Agred. Keith Williams appears to be a person not from the aviation
groups/industry, there by the sparing comment.
Ralph Nesbitt
Pofessional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Old February 15th 04, 01:34 PM
Jim Knoyle

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
isi.com...
running with scissors wrote:

"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message

.com...

"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message
m...

In article ,
says...

"Keith R. Williams" wrote in message

Bingo! Tarver won't understand history though.

IBM controlled Intel when the PC was minted.

BZZT! WRONG ANSWER! PLease try again when you come off Pluto.

Fact.

Absurd! No one is this dumb, are they?

You are truely a clueless idiot, Williams. Are you a kook troll, or a

tech?

You haven't a clue (no surprise to your "friends" on ADA, so I
hear).

Sparing with Tarver aka "Splappy/Splaps Boy" is 1 thing. You may want to
[...]

Oh, give him credit where credit is due. I'm sure Splappy has figured
out how to open a bottle with a screwdriver.

I, for one, wouldn't bet on that! It's all I can do to sit back laughing
and force myself from jumping into this thread. I left a good job as
a Sr. Tech. at Fairchild under Dr. Noyce when I moved into the
airline biz so I get a real laugh out of the way he is mutilating Intel
history.

JK
http://home.att.net/~j.knoyle/the_ta...hronicles.html

Old February 15th 04, 03:01 PM
John Mazor

"Bàidh Stidean" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:28:43 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

You were talking out your ass as usual, Kris.

You're the only one in this debate who is a laughingstock. First it
was just ADA, then RAM, now you've added a couple of computer NGs to
your list of embarassment. I said I have the books, and you are more
than welcome to view them anytime you are in town. It's not like I
exist behind a CRT, John - Debby's met me, Craig's met me. Next time
you're in town I'll buy you a fifth of Thunderbird and show you the books.

That did it. Splappy will be at your front door at 7 a.m. sharp tomorrow.

Don't expect him to look at the books, though.

Old February 15th 04, 03:16 PM
Tom Mosher

Bàidh Stidean wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:48:43 GMT, Tom Mosher
wrote:

Bàidh Stidean wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:37:42 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"JL Grasso" wrote in message

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:23:59 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"JL Grasso" wrote in message

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:29:09 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"

wrote:

"Bàidh Stidean" wrote in

message

news:hu1m20dl42spgruq4buaffa2gd864js3vg@4a x.com...

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:23:39 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"Bàidh Stidean" wrote in

message

newsegj20t17q7n8c28r4jlrrv85881tmvktn@ 4ax.com...

Don't hang around ADA much, do you? We're used to people

coming

around with this nonsense that honestly believe it.

There was an idiot on this newsgroup the other day claiming that

Braniff

wrote MMs for B-727 airplanes.

Actually, clueless git, I never said that.

Sure you did, little shaver.

You aren't even smart enough to know MMs are on tape, dippy.

Yes, Splappy issues AMMs for all his cool inventions on masking tape.

No, MMs are not on masking tape, Grasso.

If you're implying they're published on fiche tape, or any other tape,
you're a decade or so out of touch.

We are discussing 727s, sub-idiot Grasso.

And sitting in a bookcase not two feet from me is "Mechanic's B-727
Reference Handbook" in a binder with the Braniff logo and "Prepared by
BI Technical Training" 2/1/66, and covering the model -027QC, an
aircraft unique to Braniff.

Splappy doesn't realize that the microfilm tapes were produced from a
PAPER copy of the manual. We had a nice little expensive machine that
would feed each sheet in and take a photo. Then we would have the film
developed and duplicated into those lovely little microfilm cartridges
that loved to jam and break the film.

Hell, the ten copies of the Airbus A320 maintenance manuals we inherited

from Pan American were on paper. Ten copies of the entire maintenance

manual set - they were shipped to us on two pallets and each pallet was
stacked about four feet high - nothing but paper. No fiche, no
microfilm. We trashed about six sets of the damn things down in Orlando.

We spent thousands of dollars converting the paper manuals to microfilm
so that the line stations could have a copy.

Tom Mosher
Braniff Technical Publications
1988 to 1989 (the fateful November 1989 when we stopped operating)

Braniff II, eh? I don't have much from that era - but I would
imagine that since most of the 727-227 fleet belonged to Braniff I,
the manuals I have are probably just earlier versions of what you're
familiar with.

Almost our entire 727 fleet was original Braniff I aircraft. Sort of
funny that we managed to get some of the fleet back. Made it a hell of a
lot easier on maintenance and pilot training.

The weird part of Braniff II was the Florida Express fleet of BAC 1-11's
that we inherited. Some were also original Braniff I aircraft that were
disposed of years earlier.

Braniff III (DFW based) also used old Braniff I aircraft. Mercifully,
that airline had a short life.

Tom Mosher
ex Braniff II