I can't blow it up!!!

Old September 5th 03, 08:48 PM
gARY

Default I can't blow it up!!!

I have just tried 205*11.5 and all was fine

Vcore 1.75
M'board tempreture is 35C ish.
CPU tempreture reaches 50C under heavy load.............

Then bloody windoze shuts the system down......telling me it's stopping me
doing damage to the M'board (or suffin).

Can I turn this feature (if you can call it a feature) OFF?

Cheers,
gARY

BTW. I took a pic of me rig (300k), b4 I blow it up!!
http://www.justservices.com/clip/Asus.JPG

Old September 5th 03, 11:13 PM
Ken

"gARY" Find-Contact-Page@Website wrote in
:

I have just tried 205*11.5 and all was fine

Vcore 1.75
M'board tempreture is 35C ish.
CPU tempreture reaches 50C under heavy load.............

Then bloody windoze shuts the system down......telling me it's
stopping me doing damage to the M'board (or suffin).

Can I turn this feature (if you can call it a feature) OFF?

Cheers,
gARY

BTW. I took a pic of me rig (300k), b4 I blow it up!!
http://www.justservices.com/clip/Asus.JPG

If something from the operation system is preventing you from OCing,
chances are that your overclocking is hurting the harddrive(Data
corruption). If your major interest is "blowing up" your computer, why
not simply dump some water on it while it's running?

--
Watch your back when it's time to stab.

Ken
Old September 5th 03, 11:31 PM
gARY

Can I turn this feature (if you can call it a feature) OFF?

Cheers,
gARY

If something from the operation system is preventing you from OCing,
chances are that your overclocking is hurting the harddrive(Data
corruption).

Thank you.

If your major interest is "blowing up" your computer, why
not simply dump some water on it while it's running?

"major interest"? I can't even get close enough via the bios to find out IS
more my problem.

Old September 5th 03, 11:42 PM
AD C

gARY wrote:

I have just tried 205*11.5 and all was fine

Vcore 1.75
M'board tempreture is 35C ish.
CPU tempreture reaches 50C under heavy load.............

Then bloody windoze shuts the system down......telling me it's stopping me
doing damage to the M'board (or suffin).

Can I turn this feature (if you can call it a feature) OFF?

Depends on your motherboard, but why do you want to turn it off? after
all it is portecting your chip

Old September 6th 03, 12:03 AM
gARY

gARY wrote:

I have just tried 205*11.5 and all was fine

Vcore 1.75
M'board tempreture is 35C ish.
CPU tempreture reaches 50C under heavy load.............

Then bloody windoze shuts the system down......telling me it's stopping

me
doing damage to the M'board (or suffin).

Can I turn this feature (if you can call it a feature) OFF?

Depends on your motherboard, but why do you want to turn it off? after
all it is portecting your chip

The M'board is an A7N8X D v.2 and I don't think that is the problem, and as
4 "portecting your chip" surly I should b in control of that, not windoze?

O/C stops sooner then expected because Bill Gates says so?

Don't seem right this end somehow,
gARY

Old September 6th 03, 08:24 AM
AD C

gARY wrote:

Depends on your motherboard, but why do you want to turn it off? after
all it is portecting your chip

The M'board is an A7N8X D v.2 and I don't think that is the problem, and as
4 "portecting your chip" surly I should b in control of that, not windoze?

O/C stops sooner then expected because Bill Gates says so?

I just realized that it is not the bios that is sutting it down, but
windows, no, you can not turn that off. It is windows saying there is a
fault somewhere.

I get it if I put my memory up to 400Mhz, even though the memory is
suppose to go up that high

Old September 6th 03, 12:40 PM
OZoNE

"gARY" Find-Contact-Page@Website wrote in message
I have just tried 205*11.5 and all was fine

Vcore 1.75
M'board tempreture is 35C ish.
CPU tempreture reaches 50C under heavy load.............

Then bloody windoze shuts the system down......telling me it's stopping me
doing damage to the M'board (or suffin).

Can I turn this feature (if you can call it a feature) OFF?

Cheers,
gARY

BTW. I took a pic of me rig (300k), b4 I blow it up!!
http://www.justservices.com/clip/Asus.JPG

Try raising DDR voltage a hair.
from 2.6 to 2.7...or realax the timings...Instead of running them at
aggressive try running them at optimal????
your getting the "Windows is shutting down to prevent damage to the file
system message due to memory error or fatla error blah blah blah
My A7N8X/2100+ does 210x11 with Vcore at 1.775 but I have to relax My mem
timmings....So I keep it at 200x11 1.75Vcore....and use Agressive Mem
Timings.
HTH
OZoNE