improve printers ability to feed used paper

Old March 18th 10, 07:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mathias Koerber

Default improve printers ability to feed used paper

I am trying again to print a larger document doublesided on a one-side
inkjet printer (Brother MFC-665CW).

The problem is that while it draws in the fresh paper just fine, once
I reverse the paper and reinsert it for the reverse page, it draws in
two pages at ones on occasion, thus getting the page sequence all
wrong.

I already 'feather' the re-assembled set of pager.

Is there anything else I should (should not) do? Could this be static?
Any tricks will be appreciated

Old March 18th 10, 11:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Other than hand feeding each page, one at a time, I know of no way to
absolutely prevent a misfeed or double feed.

Further, paper printed on one side already tends to develop a "tooth"
from swelling with the ink, and even texture from the ink itself, and so
pages tend to get "stuck" together during feeding.

Most inkjet printers were never designed for duplex printing. I do
believe HP and Canon have some, and you might want to look into them.
They print each side of the paper before moving to the next sheet,
flipping it over during the printing process.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Old March 18th 10, 01:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Arthur Entlich wrote:
Other than hand feeding each page, one at a time, I know of no way to
absolutely prevent a misfeed or double feed.

Further, paper printed on one side already tends to develop a "tooth"
from swelling with the ink, and even texture from the ink itself, and so
pages tend to get "stuck" together during feeding.

Most inkjet printers were never designed for duplex printing. I do
believe HP and Canon have some, and you might want to look into them.
They print each side of the paper before moving to the next sheet,
flipping it over during the printing process.

Yes, my HP Officejet 7310 does double sided printing (and even double
sided copying!). As you say it prints both sides of each sheet as it
goes, it's very slow doing this because it does an ink-drying wait
after printing the first side of each sheet.

--
Chris Green

Old March 18th 10, 02:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Rance[_2_]

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 wrote:

Arthur Entlich wrote:
Other than hand feeding each page, one at a time, I know of no way to
absolutely prevent a misfeed or double feed.

Further, paper printed on one side already tends to develop a "tooth"
from swelling with the ink, and even texture from the ink itself, and so
pages tend to get "stuck" together during feeding.

Most inkjet printers were never designed for duplex printing. I do
believe HP and Canon have some, and you might want to look into them.
They print each side of the paper before moving to the next sheet,
flipping it over during the printing process.

Yes, my HP Officejet 7310 does double sided printing (and even double
sided copying!). As you say it prints both sides of each sheet as it
goes, it's very slow doing this because it does an ink-drying wait
after printing the first side of each sheet.

But that time can be adjusted to make the waiting minimal.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old March 19th 10, 12:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

David Rance wrote:
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 wrote:

Arthur Entlich wrote:
Other than hand feeding each page, one at a time, I know of no way to
absolutely prevent a misfeed or double feed.

Further, paper printed on one side already tends to develop a "tooth"
from swelling with the ink, and even texture from the ink itself, and so
pages tend to get "stuck" together during feeding.

Most inkjet printers were never designed for duplex printing. I do
believe HP and Canon have some, and you might want to look into them.
They print each side of the paper before moving to the next sheet,
flipping it over during the printing process.

Yes, my HP Officejet 7310 does double sided printing (and even double
sided copying!). As you say it prints both sides of each sheet as it
goes, it's very slow doing this because it does an ink-drying wait
after printing the first side of each sheet.

But that time can be adjusted to make the waiting minimal.

I've never bothered because I also have a (B&W) laser that does
double-sided so it's not that often that I use the 7310's ability.

--
Chris Green

Epson 880 - paper won't feed. [email protected] Printers 4 January 21st 07 12:46 PM
Paper Feed Cleaning Kit for HP DeskJet series printers. [email protected] Printers 0 April 21st 06 11:15 PM
Laserjet paper feed Christina Cameron Printers 2 May 26th 05 08:38 AM
paper feed slows down Ron Printers 2 April 25th 05 10:22 PM
Possible to only feed paper? KJS Printers 1 October 5th 03 04:02 PM