Gateway 7200xl order

Old November 11th 04, 02:17 AM
mab

Default Gateway 7200xl order

I am thinking of ordering a 7200xl for christmas. Does anyone know the time
it takes from ordering to delivery?

Old November 11th 04, 04:24 AM
Jim Williams

I ordered a 7200X on 10/8. It was back ordered twice (delayed for two weeks
each time) and finally left the factory last Monday. It appears that the
shipment of one of the 7200 components was late from a supplier. Since I'm
sure they have a number of orders backed up, the wait will probably be
longer than normal. On the other hand, now that they are coming of the
line, I'm pretty sure you would have it in time for Christmas.

Jim

P.S. - I replied to your e-mail address and it bounced. I wasn't going to
take the time to reply a second time but I finally gave in.

Old November 14th 04, 01:27 AM
JR

Based on my recent experience with Gateway, I'd suggest you
go to Dell and be better served..

I ordered a Digital recorder from Gateway on October 30th.. They
said they would ship in 4 days.. Then, when I didn't receive it I
checked and they advised me there would be a slight delay..

Later I got an e-mail saying they wouldn't ship until November
10th.. I waited once more and today found out the shipping has
been delayed again to November 24th with the caveat, "This may
or may not ship at that time"..

I ordered from another source and shortly after that got another
e-mail from Gateway saying I couldn't cancel since it was ready
to ship.. I then went to the second source and stupidly cancelled
that order..

Guess what? I wrote them again saying I hoped they had told me
the truth since I cancelled the order with the other supplier and
got another e-mail saying the shipping date was November 24th..

They are a bunch of idiots!!!!! Never again will I purchase from
Gateway.. I've bought 4 Gateweay computers over the years but
they have really gone downhill.. No wonder they are in trouble..

If you want a copy of all the e-mail correspondence, let me know
and I'll post them, leaving my name and personal information off
the message..