No answer from Sony on this one! :-(

Old March 11th 04, 04:03 AM
James D

Default No answer from Sony on this one! :-(

Still can't figure out why my new Sony DRU-510A 4X DVD burner won't burn
DVD's higher than a 2X speed? I've used 2x
up to/and 4x blank discs but I still get a message that tells me it can only
burn at 2x instead of 3x. I've gotten this with all media I have tried. Is
there
a setting I need to adjust somewhere? The burns complete ok, just want to
know why the speeds are slower than I thought. Thanks.

Old March 11th 04, 06:35 AM

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 04:03:21 GMT, "James D"
wrote:

Still can't figure out why my new Sony DRU-510A 4X DVD burner won't burn
DVD's higher than a 2X speed? I've used 2x
up to/and 4x blank discs but I still get a message that tells me it can only
burn at 2x instead of 3x. I've gotten this with all media I have tried. Is
there

a setting I need to adjust somewhere? The burns complete ok, just want to
know why the speeds are slower than I thought. Thanks.

I would check to see if everything is ok. You know install aspi layer
4.60+ , check it under the IDE controller - DMA mode etc

Then of course see if you have the latest firmware the obvious thing ,
and use the media they recommend.

And use CD speed at the NERO site to see if everything is running OK,
You can try HD tach to see if you Hard Disk is OK .

The other thing is trry it on another system to see if it works OK .
If not send it back.

Old March 11th 04, 08:33 PM
Jon Danniken

"James D" wrote:
Still can't figure out why my new Sony DRU-510A 4X DVD burner won't burn
DVD's higher than a 2X speed?

What kind of computer do you have? If you don't have the processing power to feed the drive at
4X, it will default to 2X (or worse).

Jon

Old March 11th 04, 09:35 PM
James D

I just upgraded from a P4 1.6 to a P4 2.0 with 896 MB RAM and it still
burns at the same 2X speeds.

Old March 12th 04, 12:22 AM
kony

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:33:06 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"James D" wrote:
Still can't figure out why my new Sony DRU-510A 4X DVD burner won't burn
DVD's higher than a 2X speed?

What kind of computer do you have? If you don't have the processing power to feed the drive at
4X, it will default to 2X (or worse).

Jon

By modern standards any computer has a fast enough CPU... UDMA allows
minimal CPU requirement, it's more important to have a relatively modern
source (HDD).

Info on Sony products max General 0 November 8th 03 09:23 AM
Sony CDL5000 CD Library OSL2000 Optical Library max General 0 November 3rd 03 04:28 PM
Sony DRU-500A Failed? Brian General 5 October 30th 03 04:06 AM
Sony or Dell desktop PC? Dan Graves General 3 September 28th 03 03:36 AM
Sony CRX230A-U ? @drian General 9 September 19th 03 09:31 AM