asus bios

Old November 26th 03, 04:36 PM
asdcv

Default asus bios

i used asus update utility to get latest bios update and when i got i used
it to update bios. everything flashed ok but when my system was booting up
it i got error message saying something like this bios file is not
compatible with acpi or something i can't remmber. i used my old bios from
floppy...and reverted back to old bios when sudden reboot and pc is all
screwed up. i'm getting a new bios reprogramed with default bios but i still
want to have latest but i'm not sure why i got this error and the bios file
was released and not beta. i will probably try updating again but i want to
avoid this problem

Old November 26th 03, 06:35 PM
Ben Pope

asdcv wrote:
i used asus update utility to get latest bios update and when i got i used
it to update bios. everything flashed ok but when my system was booting up
it i got error message saying something like this bios file is not
compatible with acpi or something i can't remmber. i used my old bios from
floppy...and reverted back to old bios when sudden reboot and pc is all
screwed up. i'm getting a new bios reprogramed with default bios but i
still want to have latest but i'm not sure why i got this error and the
bios file was released and not beta. i will probably try updating again
but i want to avoid this problem

I always use awdflash... I refuse to flash the BIOS in Windows.

Ben

Old November 26th 03, 07:29 PM
Hippy Paul

"asdcv" wrote in message
i used asus update utility to get latest bios update and when i got i used
it to update bios. everything flashed ok but when my system was booting up
it i got error message saying something like this bios file is not
compatible with acpi or something i can't remmber. i used my old bios from
floppy...and reverted back to old bios when sudden reboot and pc is all
screwed up. i'm getting a new bios reprogramed with default bios but i

still
want to have latest but i'm not sure why i got this error and the bios

file
was released and not beta. i will probably try updating again but i want

avoid this problem

How screwed up did it get - was not just unworkable settings - suppose you
tried setting defaults.

Was acpi perhaps APIC - Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller
Seem strange that old bios supports APIC but newer one does not.
Did you try turning off the APIC in the bios before attempting to revert to
the previous bios, as unless you have lots of peripherals you may in fact
not need it switched on - and PIC will suffice.

The Asus auto update thing is a game of Russian roulette - always use the
floppy disk method to flash the bios in case you did not before..

Old November 28th 03, 02:43 AM
Mike

who in the hell would flash the BIOS in Windows anyway???
just make a boot floppy, put the AFLASH and BIOS file on there too.

A:\ AFLASH

follow the prompts!