Additional USB 3 ports needed - F1A75M mobo

Old August 25th 13, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Rickroll

Default Additional USB 3 ports needed - F1A75M mobo

I have a F1A75M mobo and need some additional USB3 ports.

There is a motherboard socket that is for USB3 ports 3 and 4. It says
connect this to a back-panel slot cover that has 2 USB sockets and
you're good to go. Looking t the pin-outs, I've not seen anything like
this before, so assume it is an ASUS plug.

The same thing applies to an additional pair of USB2 sockets.

It says I must buy these items separately, but from whom or where?

I can't find anywhere on the ASUS site where accessories are sold.
Can anyone please clue me in?
Old August 26th 13, 04:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Rickroll wrote:
I have a F1A75M mobo and need some additional USB3 ports.

There is a motherboard socket that is for USB3 ports 3 and 4. It says
connect this to a back-panel slot cover that has 2 USB sockets and
you're good to go. Looking t the pin-outs, I've not seen anything like
this before, so assume it is an ASUS plug.

The same thing applies to an additional pair of USB2 sockets.

It says I must buy these items separately, but from whom or where?

I can't find anywhere on the ASUS site where accessories are sold.
Can anyone please clue me in?

This one is a bit overpriced. It would be for a front bay.
I couldn't find the faceplate version on this site. This
site services North America, and I'm not aware of similar sites
for any other areas.

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?..._detail&p=3611

I thought this adapter was humorous. Would lead to a cabling mess.

http://www.everythingusb.com/20-pin-...tor-21232.html

And from the same site actually selling that dongle, they have a faceplate
product.

http://usb.brando.com/usb-3-0-dual-2...6c046d015.html

The problem with that one, is the connectors might be slightly
too close together to be practical. Some of the USB3 flash
sticks are a bit bigger than normal. You'd want a faceplate
like that, but perhaps with only two connectors on it.

That dongle idea seems to be popular with the manufacturers.
This one is a little less fancy.

OK, here is a two port plate. Still too close together to be
an "ideal" purchase, but close enough.

Paul
Old August 26th 13, 11:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Peter Johnson[_4_]

On 25 Aug 2013 22:52:29 GMT, Rickroll wrote:

I have a F1A75M mobo and need some additional USB3 ports.

There is a motherboard socket that is for USB3 ports 3 and 4. It says
connect this to a back-panel slot cover that has 2 USB sockets and
you're good to go. Looking t the pin-outs, I've not seen anything like
this before, so assume it is an ASUS plug.

The same thing applies to an additional pair of USB2 sockets.

It says I must buy these items separately, but from whom or where?

In the UK I got the two-port version of this:
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...3-front-panel/
for my M5A99X Pro. Don't remember what I paid but an Amazon UK
reseller is listing it at less than £10.