External backup drive question.

Old May 18th 06, 03:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default External backup drive question.

I replaced my 3 year old Maxtor 80GB with a Seagate 120GB. More than enough
space for my needs.
My question: Is there an enclosure available where I can make the Maxtor a
USB 2 external drive?
I've read of such a thing a while back but I'll be damned if I can find one
now.

Thanks
Rick

Old May 18th 06, 11:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

meagain wrote:
I replaced my 3 year old Maxtor 80GB with a Seagate 120GB. More than enough
space for my needs.
My question: Is there an enclosure available where I can make the Maxtor a
USB 2 external drive?
I've read of such a thing a while back but I'll be damned if I can find one
now.

Thanks
Rick

perhaps you're not searching very well - there are IDE/PATA external
housings for 3.5" hard drives everywhere that use usb, firewire, or both.

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old May 19th 06, 01:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"meagain" wrote in message
I replaced my 3 year old Maxtor 80GB with a Seagate 120GB. More than enough
space for my needs.
My question: Is there an enclosure available where I can make the Maxtor a
USB 2 external drive?
I've read of such a thing a while back but I'll be damned if I can find
one now.

Thanks
Rick

Sorry for my lapse of reason and thanks for the replies.
Newegg has a ****load of them.

Rick

Old May 19th 06, 01:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I replaced my 3 year old Maxtor 80GB with a Seagate 120GB. More than
enough space for my needs.
My question: Is there an enclosure available where I can make the Maxtor
a USB 2 external drive?
I've read of such a thing a while back but I'll be damned if I can find
one now.

Thanks
Rick

perhaps you're not searching very well - there are IDE/PATA external
housings for 3.5" hard drives everywhere that use usb, firewire, or both.

Ari

Sorry for my lapse of reason and thanks for the tips.
Newegg has a ****load of them.

Rick